• Announcements

• Daphne

PE Points Program!   09/26/2017

htmlentities(

We are excited to announce that we are launching our brand new PE Points Program. Read more here for detailed rules and get ready to win some cool prizes!

)
    • Daphne

Happy Thanksgiving!   11/13/2017

htmlentities(

We are honored to sponsor the well designed Thanksgiving Card for free to people who gives their thanks in social media. Join Us to give your thanks to the one you love!

)
Oncoinvent

Disabling clear all signatures

14 posts in this topic

Hi,

Firstly does one have to purchase esign+ in order to sign and lock a pdf document or can one use the standard PDFelement pro system to sign and lock a pdf?

What I am having issues with is that I need multiple users to digitally sign a pdf where I have placed boxes for them to sign and have locked the rest of the pdf so that the only alteration they can make is adding their digital signature. However a function that is still open for them is the ''clear all signatures'' which I don't want them to be able to do. Is there any way to turn this function off or lock it for other users? Or is the best alternative to send them the pdf that needs signing and then they each send it back to me with only each their signature, and then I merge the documents into one? If I do the latter will it work and will the PDF then still be locked and will the signatures all be validated (and how would I validate them?) ? Because currently when someone sends me a PDF they have signed the digital signature is noted as not valid.

All help is appreciated

Posted (edited)

10 hours ago, Oncoinvent said:

Hi,

Firstly does one have to purchase esign+ in order to sign and lock a pdf document or can one use the standard PDFelement pro system to sign and lock a pdf?

What I am having issues with is that I need multiple users to digitally sign a pdf where I have placed boxes for them to sign and have locked the rest of the pdf so that the only alteration they can make is adding their digital signature. However a function that is still open for them is the ''clear all signatures'' which I don't want them to be able to do. Is there any way to turn this function off or lock it for other users? Or is the best alternative to send them the pdf that needs signing and then they each send it back to me with only each their signature, and then I merge the documents into one? If I do the latter will it work and will the PDF then still be locked and will the signatures all be validated (and how would I validate them?) ? Because currently when someone sends me a PDF they have signed the digital signature is noted as not valid.

All help is appreciated

Hi there,

From the description above, there some issues I need to confirm with you

1. , What product do you mention? eSign+ or PDFelement pro?
  2.  In what scene do you want to resolve the issue?

If you use eSign+ and want multiple users to sign their name on the same document, that will be fine. What you need to do is during the process you use eSign+, the this step(see the screenshot below eg1.jpg, for example), just add the users' emails, then you set the signature boxes for all the recipients, one by one(see eg2.jpg). After you send the document to them, each recipient can only sign this name on his own signature box, no one can make any change to other's signature box, so there is no worry about being change like "clear all signatures".

eg1.jpg

eg2.jpg

Edited by Chen

Posted (edited)

On ‎17‎.‎05‎.‎2017 at 3:27 AM, Chen said:

Hi there,

From the description above, there some issues I need to confirm with you

1. , What product do you mention? eSign+ or PDFelement pro?
  2.  In what scene do you want to resolve the issue?

If you use eSign+ and want multiple users to sign their name on the same document, that will be fine. What you need to do is during the process you use eSign+, the this step(see the screenshot below eg1.jpg, for example), just add the users' emails, then you set the signature boxes for all the recipients, one by one(see eg2.jpg). After you send the document to them, each recipient can only sign this name on his own signature box, no one can make any change to other's signature box, so there is no worry about being change like "clear all signatures".

eg1.jpg

eg2.jpg

Hi,

I am currently using PDFelement pro and I am hoping I can resolve the issue with this program.

However from what I have gathered so far I might have to purchase esign+ in order to achieve what I am trying to do. Is esign+ an extension on PDFelement pro or is it its own program ?

Edited by Oncoinvent

11 hours ago, Oncoinvent said:

Hi,

I am currently using PDFelement pro and I am hoping I can resolve the issue with this program.

However from what I have gathered so far I might have to purchase esign+ in order to achieve what I am trying to do. Is esign+ an extension on PDFelement pro or is it its own program ?

Hi,

eSign+ has its own program. You can try and use it. For more information, please visit https://esign.wondershare.com/.

Thanks.

4 hours ago, Chen said:

Hi,

eSign+ has its own program. You can try and use it. For more information, please visit https://esign.wondershare.com/.

Thanks.

Ok so can I not disable the clear all signatures in PDFelement?

What I am having issues with (on pdfelement) is that I need multiple users to digitally sign a pdf where I have placed boxes for them to sign and have locked the rest of the pdf so that the only alteration they can make is adding their digital signature. However a function that is still active for them is the ''clear all signatures'' which I don't want them to be able to do. Is there any way to turn this function off or lock it for other users? Or is the best alternative to send them the pdf that needs signing and then they each send it back to me with only each their signature, and then I merge the documents into one? If I do the latter will it work and will the PDF then still be locked and will the signatures all be validated (and how would I validate them?) ? Because currently when someone sends me a PDF they have signed the digital signature is noted as not valid.

Hi Oncoinvent,

You can use  our program to add a permission password to your PDF file, then the "Clear all Signatures" function will be disabled. After opening your PDF file in our program PDFelement, you can add the signature fields as you want, then please click the Protect>Password button to set the permission password. And please choose "filling form fields and signing" option in the box of Changes Allowed.  In this way, when others open this PDF file, they still can click the signature field to sign, but they will not allowed to clear the signatures.

signature allowed.png

Thanks

7 hours ago, Daphne said:

Hi Oncoinvent,

You can use  our program to add a permission password to your PDF file, then the "Clear all Signatures" function will be disabled. After opening your PDF file in our program PDFelement, you can add the signature fields as you want, then please click the Protect>Password button to set the permission password. And please choose "filling form fields and signing" option in the box of Changes Allowed.  In this way, when others open this PDF file, they still can click the signature field to sign, but they will not allowed to clear the signatures.

signature allowed.png

Thanks

Ok the first part worked. However when the person I send the document to, signs the box I have provided for them the ''clear all signatures'' is reactivated and I am unable to disable it again in the new saved version that they are forced to make when they sign the PDF. I need it to remain locked in the new signed version in order to send it to the next person required to sign the PDF.

Hi Oncoinvent,

Do you mean when you send the PDF file to others, others still have the "clear all signature" function? Do others also use our program PDFelement to open the PDF file? If they just use a normal PDF reader program instead of using our program to open the PDF file, then they will not have the function to clear the signature.

And after adding the permission password, the signatures in the file should not be cleared. I have forwarded the issue to our programmers for further check, we will try the best to fix it.

Thanks.

On ‎22‎.‎05‎.‎2017 at 5:36 AM, Daphne said:

Hi Oncoinvent,

Do you mean when you send the PDF file to others, others still have the "clear all signature" function? Do others also use our program PDFelement to open the PDF file? If they just use a normal PDF reader program instead of using our program to open the PDF file, then they will not have the function to clear the signature.

And after adding the permission password, the signatures in the file should not be cleared. I have forwarded the issue to our programmers for further check, we will try the best to fix it.

Thanks.

Hi Daphne,

When I send the PDF file to other users the ''clear all signatures'' appears for them once they have signed their designated sign box, at this point they have access to remove all signatures not only their own.

The other users are using PDFelement as this is currently the only PDF reader program we are using.

Even with an added permission password, they are able to remove signatures once they sign their designated sign box.

I appreciate you letting the programmers know, keep me updated should a solution be found and the program updated.

Until then would my best solution be to install esign+? Will this program allow me to lock a PDF file and have other users sign ?

Thank you. 

Hi Oncoinvent,

If you have added the permission password to protect the PDF file, then others should not be able to remove the signatures. Our programmers will have further analysis about this issue and try the best to solve it.

You can use our eSign+ to have a try, which allows you to create the signature fields for others. Then others will be able to sign in the required fields, and the signatures cannot be removed. You can sign up a free account to have a test first: https://esign.wondershare.com/

Thanks

On ‎22‎.‎05‎.‎2017 at 5:36 AM, Daphne said:

Hi Oncoinvent,

Thanks.

Hi,

I have tried out Esign+ and it seems to be what we're in need of. However when I try to click the Contact Us link for Esign+ to get a quota it doesn't show me any contact information. The link at the bottom of their page does not work either. This is the only place I could think of to reach out. Do you know if they are having any technical difficulties with their website at the moment?

Thanks.

Hi Oncoinvent,

I have checked our following website, the "Contact Us" buttons work successfully.

https://esign.wondershare.com/buy.html

When you click the  "Contact Us" buttons at these two places, it will open your default email box on the computer directly. So after clicking the button, please just wait for a few seconds, your email box should be opened and it has the contact person's email address in your email automatically, you can write an email to contact directly. Could you please confirm how many accounts will  you purchase and which payment method do you prefer, monthly or annually ? I will contact our sales person to send the quote to you directly.

Thanks

Posted (edited)

On ‎31‎.‎05‎.‎2017 at 0:42 PM, Daphne said:

Hi Oncoinvent,

I have checked our following website, the "Contact Us" buttons work successfully.

https://esign.wondershare.com/buy.html

When you click the  "Contact Us" buttons at these two places, it will open your default email box on the computer directly. So after clicking the button, please just wait for a few seconds, your email box should be opened and it has the contact person's email address in your email automatically, you can write an email to contact directly. Could you please confirm how many accounts will  you purchase and which payment method do you prefer, monthly or annually ? I will contact our sales person to send the quote to you directly.

Thanks

Hi Daphne,

I sent you a privat message regarding the previous post.

Edited by Oncoinvent

12 hours ago, Oncoinvent said:

Hi Daphne,

I sent you a privat message regarding the previous post.

On 2017-5-19 at 3:16 PM, Oncoinvent said:

Ok so can I not disable the clear all signatures in PDFelement?

What I am having issues with (on pdfelement) is that I need multiple users to digitally sign a pdf where I have placed boxes for them to sign and have locked the rest of the pdf so that the only alteration they can make is adding their digital signature. However a function that is still active for them is the ''clear all signatures'' which I don't want them to be able to do. Is there any way to turn this function off or lock it for other users? Or is the best alternative to send them the pdf that needs signing and then they each send it back to me with only each their signature, and then I merge the documents into one? If I do the latter will it work and will the PDF then still be locked and will the signatures all be validated (and how would I validate them?) ? Because currently when someone sends me a PDF they have signed the digital signature is noted as not valid.

Hi  Oncoinvent,

I reply your email, please go and check it.