Andrew Schofield

Arbitrary Mask for Text Field

6 posts in this topic

Hi, 

Im trying to add a format for UK telephone number,  or as a minimum a number which allows a number starting with a zero.  

If I select number then it drops the zero,  if i select phone number it formats US style.

Neither works for my forms.

Previously have used regEx to achieve in other form solutions but can find no documentation on the system to guide me.

Can you please advise.

Andy

Hi Andrew Schofield,

I think you can use Arbitrary Mask to solve your issue.

Arbitrary Mask
Changes the format category to Custom and makes another text field available, in which you can type a custom format. Use this option to specify which types of characters the user can enter in any given position, and how the data displays in the field.
A: Accepts only letters (A–Z, a-z).
X: Accepts spaces and most printable characters, including all characters available on a standard keyboard and ANSI characters in the ranges of 32–126 and 128–255.
O: The letter “O” accepts alphanumeric characters (A–Z, a-z, and 0–9).
9: Accepts only numeric characters (0–9).For example, a mask setting of AAA--p#999 accepts the input BOE--p#767. A mask setting of OOOOO@XXX accepts the input vad12@3Up.

Thanks.

Jacky

1 person likes this

Thanks Jacky that really helps.  The challenge is that the number of characters input can vary significantly as example all of the below are valid:

(9999) 99999

(9999) 999999

(99999) 99999

(99999) 999999)

+44999 99999

+44999 999999

+449999 99999

+449999 999999

I'm happy to specify that it is numbers only and not limit the format but I cant seem to select that as an option.

Am I missing something obvious?

Thanks

Andy

Hi Andy,

I am sorry for that we don't support RegEx yet. We will consider your requirement seriously and do our best to solve it in future.

Thanks,

Jacky

Hi Jacky,  So there is no way to support a number only field currently in the app.  

3 hours ago, Andrew Schofield said:

Hi Jacky,  So there is no way to support a number only field currently in the app.  

The text field supports number only, but not specific UK phone style.