• Announcements

• Daphne

Contest - Win a FREE Microsoft Surface Pro or iPad Mini   08/17/2017

htmlentities(

Check out our new feature post on what Adobe XI's end-of-support situation will look like. What will you do to maintain your access to a comprehensive PDF editor? Follow the link at the end of our blog post to enter for a chance to win a FREE Microsoft Surface Pro or iPad Mini. 

)
    • Daphne

Beta Testers Wanted!   08/20/2017

htmlentities(

Wanna access our next new version 6.3.0 of PDFelement 6 Professional in advance? It will support XFA files, PDF attachments, searchable OCR mode and open multiple windows for different PDF files and many other improvements. Join our beta testers group, you will have this opportunity!

)
Gwenda Golding

Edit Text will not delete or add test

4 posts in this topic

Hi

I have just upgraded to PDFelement 6 Pro (Version 6.0.2.2152) and have been trying to delete a number that is incorrect. I click on Edit Text - Line Mode and the line I want to edit appears with a blue box around it. However when I click in it to use Backspace or even Delete it doesn't do anything. I have also tried to add a character but it won't do that either. However I do notice that the blue box seems to reduce.

I am sure I have done this previously with no problems so have no idea why it isn't working this time.

The permissions are OK, I have allowed all modes of edit.

The document was originally scanned on a Canon printer.

What am I doing wrong - it is VERY frustrating!

Hope someone can help

Cheers
Geeaygee

Hi Geeaygee,

If your PDF file is the scanned file, then you should perform OCR before editing it. So please click the Edit>OCR button, and click the Change Language to choose the correct language of your PDF content to perform OCR first. Then the newly created PDF file will be opened in the program automatically, please click the Edit button to select the text and press the Delete button for a  try again. Here are more instructions:

https://pdf.wondershare.com/pdfelement/user-guide.html#perform_ocr

In case, you still fail to edit or delete the text after performing OCR, then could you please attach your original PDF file before using OCR here or send it to: pdfelement@wondershare.com to us for further analysis?

Thanks

Thanks Daphne

I ran OCR on the file but there were images in it which were ruined after I ran OCR. Yes I could change the number I needed to but the images were totally unrecognisable. Is this the only way to edit a PDF? Is there a way to copy & paste a segment of text?

Thanks

Hi Geeaygee,

I am sorry about the issue. If your PDF file is the scanned file, you need to perform OCR first, then you will be able to copy&paste the text in it.

However, in order to help us figure out the issue of ruined images, could you please attach your original PDF file before using OCR here to send to us? Or you can send your original PDF file to: pdfelement@wondershare.com to send, we will have further check for you.

Thanks