eblawyer

Creating a bookmark

3 posts in this topic

I have followed the instructions for creating a bookmark with PDFelement 6 Pro, but nothing works. I open the document, I go to the page where I want to insert a bookmark, I click "VIEW", then I click the bookmark icon.  AND NOTHING HAPPENS. I am given no options, there is no drop down screen, NOTHING. Interestingly, if I open a document that already has bookmarks in it, then when I click the bookmark icon, all of the bookmarks appear, and if I then right-click on a bookmark, a dropdown screen appears that gives me the option to insert a new bookmark.  But this does not happen when I am in a document that does not already have bookmarks.

Update: I just discovered that I can easily create bookmarks using PDFelement 5.  In PDFelement 6 Pro, I can add bookmarks to a document that already has them, but if the document doesn't have any bookmarks, I cannot add them.  This is sounding like a bug in version 6.

Hi eblawyer,

Are you using PDFelement for Mac? If you want to insert a bookmark, you can right-click in the page to popup the context menu, and you will find "Add Bookmark" menu item. (NOTE: We will fix a issue about this feature in coming 6.0.2. You'd better waiting for update.)

The bookmark icon in left navigation panel is only for swith the view mode such as page/bookmark/annotation etc. You cannot insert any bookmark by clicking it.

Thank you for your feedback.