• Announcements

• Daphne

PE Points Program!   09/26/2017

htmlentities(

We are excited to announce that we are launching our brand new PE Points Program. Read more here for detailed rules and get ready to win some cool prizes!

)
    • Daphne

Happy Thanksgiving!   11/13/2017

htmlentities(

We are honored to sponsor the well designed Thanksgiving Card for free to people who gives their thanks in social media. Join Us to give your thanks to the one you love!

)
Patrick Emmerick

Forms fields work for others without Wondershare?

6 posts in this topic

I am confused. I see that Wondershare PDF element 6 has editable form fields, but I am unsure that if I make form fields editable and sent this PDF to a customer, can the customer then fill out the form fields and e-mail the PDF back to me? Or do they (the customer) also have to have Wondershare PDF elements to then fill out the form fields? Will any PDF allow the editable form fields to stay form fields once I convert with Wondershare?

I suppose a shorter version is: Do the form fields work for everyone with all PDF's versions once I convert, or only for people who have Wondershare?

Hi Patrick Emmerick,

PDF format is an ISO standard(ISO-32000). So if you have created some interactive form fields in PDFelement, you can distribute your PDF file to your customers and they can fill out the form fields with any PDF application such as Adobe Reader/Acrobat etc.

As I mentioned in another post this does not work properly for me.

Michael

1 hour ago, mrivner rivner said:

As I mentioned in another post this does not work properly for me.

Michael

Hi Michael,

We are sorry about the issue you get. Generally, as long as you have a PDF program that can open the PDF form successfully, then you can use it to fill in the form. However as I mentioned in another post, due to a special structure in your PDF file that we do not support has caused the issue. We will try the best to support in the new updated versions.

Thanks

Posted (edited)

I have the same issues, making PDF forms.

I cant get the forms to be active outside of "PDF Element" is there a save feature I'm missing?

Does the "optimize save" feature disable the interactivity? 

Edited by Ron McCoy

Hi Ron,

Do you mean after using our program to optimize the PDF form, the newly optimized PDF form is not interactive? If you mean this, please confirm which program do you use to open the optimized PDF form and find it is not interactive? 

And could you please please attach this original PDF form before optimizing here or send it to our email box: pdfelement@wondershare.com for further tests?

Thanks