• Announcements

• Daphne

PE Points Program!   09/26/2017

htmlentities(

We are excited to announce that we are launching our brand new PE Points Program. Read more here for detailed rules and get ready to win some cool prizes!

)
    • Daphne

Happy Thanksgiving!   11/13/2017

htmlentities(

We are honored to sponsor the well designed Thanksgiving Card for free to people who gives their thanks in social media. Join Us to give your thanks to the one you love!

)
David Bowling

How to scan new document?

10 posts in this topic

I just purchased PDF Element and can't find a menu item for scanning in a new document from my printer/scanner. I was pretty sure I saw it while looking around with the trial version. Where is it please?

We will support creating PDF from scanner directly in future. For current version, you may use scanner first and choose Home->From File to create PDF.

Hi David,

If I understand correctly, you have some documents created from your printer/scanner, you want to digitalize them, and make them editable? 

If so, just drop the scanned document into PDFelement. The program will detect it's scanned. A yellow menu bar will appear automatically right below the tab bar.(See attached)

Just perform OCR to convert the flat/scanned document to editable one. Hope this helps. 

(Please Note: the OCR is a separated plug-in, you need to download it first before using it, go Home > OCR to initiate the download process, it's about 200mb, so might take a while.) 

scanned.png

No! I mean create a PDF file direct from the scanner using the PDF6 file menu, as per your previous response to a user and as is present in the 'other' PDF program

David

Patrick,

Thanks for the help. I used the scanner interface from my Brother Printer/Scanner and set it to scan>image>to PDF. At first nothing appeared in the PDF Element window at all. And nothing to OCR but an artifact or two. So I tried scanning to different formats. Also nothing except for >to bitmap. But that would not OCR. So I went back and reset the scanner interface to scan to PDF again. This time, for some mysterious reason the image appeared in PDF Element, I was able to OCR it as you described and then edit it as necessary. The OCR messed up a just one of the printed words in a masthead logo. But when re-scanning it at 400dpi to "True Grey" instead of 300 it got it correct. Pretty good OCR from what I am used to especially since the scanned doc was an invoice form.

It had been so long since I'd used the printer interface for anything I forgot it existed since all other apps I use scan directly from the program with a dedicated button or a menu link.  One more step involved for PDF Element, but not a big impediment considering the rest of the app works a bit better than my former PDF handler, Nance PDF Converter Pro, which nags me all the time with notifications even with "notifications>turned off", and then only to try to sell me an upgrade. Got sick of it and switched.

Thanks again Patrick !

Keep working on that software Jacky to get that "Scan" > to new/ to existing button" in there. Good work so far!

David Bowling

Hi David,

Thanks so much for your information to share with us, we do will keep working on the software to support more features and work better. 

We appreciate for your continuous support.

Hello,

Thanks for the information.

I would like to use that newly advanced scanner. I have an information about a service that provides document scanning, digitalization and much more. To check their service visit, The link is given below:

Blueprint scanning

3 hours ago, James Carter said:

Hello,

Thanks for the information.

I would like to use that newly advanced scanner. I have an information about a service that provides document scanning, digitalization and much more. To check their service visit, The link is given below:

Blueprint scanning

Now you can create PDF files from your scanner directly in the latest PDFelement 6.1.0.

scanner.png

Hi, I just purchased yesterday the PDFelement Pro 6 for Mac.

I do not see the menu to create a pdf document from a scanner.

How to do ?

Thks

7 hours ago, Jean-Luc COLONNA said:

Hi, I just purchased yesterday the PDFelement Pro 6 for Mac.

I do not see the menu to create a pdf document from a scanner.

How to do ?

Thks

Now only PDFelement for Windows supports the feature. We will support it in Mac version in next few months.

Thanks for your support!