• Announcements

• Daphne

PE Points Program!   09/26/2017

htmlentities(

We are excited to announce that we are launching our brand new PE Points Program. Read more here for detailed rules and get ready to win some cool prizes!

)
    • Daphne

Happy Thanksgiving!   11/13/2017

htmlentities(

We are honored to sponsor the well designed Thanksgiving Card for free to people who gives their thanks in social media. Join Us to give your thanks to the one you love!

)
Merle Borg

PDF converter cnverts to .docx not to .doc

4 posts in this topic

I converted a PDF file to a Word file, and it added the extension of .docx, not .doc and the document is not readable in Word.

Please advise.

Whether you run PDFelement in Windows or macOS? If you are in Windows version, you can choose .doc format in convert dialog.

I'm running Windows 10 and I don't understand your solution. In the upper right hand corner of PDF Converter Pro in the Output Format window, I select "Microsoft Word"  and it converts to a .docx format, not a .doc format and it's unreadable in Microsoft Word.

I'm attaching screen shots of the PDF document and the .docx document as opened with Word.

original pdf screenshot.jpg

docx in Word screenshot.jpg

1. You may try our PDFelement to convert your PDF file and you can choose .doc format option.

2. Which version of MS Word do you use? I think that your Word version maybe too old.

3. Could you upload your PDF file here or send it to: pdfelement@wondershare.com for further check? The text's unicode of your PDF maybe lost.