• Announcements

• Daphne

PE Points Program!   09/26/2017

htmlentities(

We are excited to announce that we are launching our brand new PE Points Program. Read more here for detailed rules and get ready to win some cool prizes!

)
    • Daphne

PDFelement App now is Free!   10/11/2017

htmlentities(

PDFelement for iOS and Android versions are Free now! Download here and start to use in your mobile devices any time and any where you want.

)
Wayne Scott

Editing PDF problem

18 posts in this topic

I cannot contact support for the software because it requires my question to be 30 characters or less. Baffled :/

Anyway. I have the following problems and need some assistance.

I just purchased PDFelement and have three issues. These are:
1. I am unable to edit certain PDF files. I am even unable to open them. When I open in Adobe Reader they open just fine but if I open them in PDFelement the instead come up with an error: "Please wait... If this message is not eventually replaced by... (see the attached file called "Capture"). 
2. When I try to print from PDFelement I get an error when I click "printer properties" from the print screen. The error is SetPrinter()failed (see second attached file named "Capture2") I do not get this from any other program on the PC and it's important for double-sided printing.
3. A bit of a strange on this. It only seems to happen if I print first from the document. After printing, when I close the software, it doesn't fully disappear from the screen. Almost as if the graphics remain behind but the program is not really there and has indeed closed. It can be fixed if I cover the parts of the screen with the graphics remaining (ie switch to another program on the taskbar) and it overwrites the graphics on the screen. Sorry about being vague on this but it is difficult to describe in a message.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

Capture.JPG

Capture2.JPG

Hi Wayne,

Actually, you can submit a ticket in our support center to contact, and it mentions maximum 30 characters in the subject box, however you can enter your message in the Detailed description box below it, and it is Minimum 20 characters.

1. I am sorry that your PDF file fails to be opened in our program, it seems our program fails to read it. So in order to help us figure it out, could you please attach your PDF file in the email here or send it to my address: daphne@wondershare.com to send to me for further check.

2. For the printer error issue, please quit the program and try again to check whether it is ok, you can try to not change the "printer properties", then check whether you can print successfully. And you can also try to choose a different printer and click the "printer properties" to check whether different printer works.

3. Please open the windows task manager to quit our program there to check whether you still get our program graphics remaining on your desktop.

Thanks.

Daphne, for the first question, I guess that Wayne opened some PDF files with XFA form. We will support XFA form in the future.

Thanks for the responses.

I suspect Jacky is correct and the PDF's are using the XFA form and because these are already editable, I can just open these with Adobe Reader anyway so it is not an issue.

The printer issue is more of an issue though. The software is actually being run on a hosted server rather than locally on my machine and the issue of not being able to get printer properties only occurs when a redirected printer is selected. Printers that are local to the server do not suffer from the issue and printer properties can be opened without issue in those cases. I do not have this issue with any of the other hosted software programs eg office, adobe reader, sage etc.

Does this give any clue as to why it might be happening?

Hi Wayne,

Could you please show more information about the hosted server just like OS version, network environment etc? We will try our best to re-produce your printer issue and solve it.

Thanks.

I will check with the company that does the hosting. Not sure what you mean about network environment. What should i ask them exactly about the network environment? 

Many thanks for taking time to try and resolve this for me.

Hi  Wayne,

Could you please confirm the type model of your printer and the system version that your printer connected with? How does the redirected printer connected with your hosted server? We need more detailed information about your scenario so that our programmers can have further analysis.

Thanks.

Printer is HP Laserjet 400 but there are 3 printers connected to the local machine and it does it with them all. It even does it with the Microsoft XPS Document Writer and other virtual printers.

Setup is as follows: from the local machine, an RDP (remote desktop) connection is used to access the hosted server (hosted by the company IRIS). After the connection is established, all my files and programs are there including the Wondershare program (which IRIS installed for me). In order for all my programs to print to my local printers, the IRIS server sets them up automatically as redirected printers which means that the printers/software do not need to be directly installed on the server. The server uses Windows Server 2008 R2 and uses terminal services.

My guess is that if I installed the Wondershare program locally on my machine (Win10Pro), it would work so it is related to obtaining the printer properties through the remote connection.

If I select one of the printers that are local to the server (eg not redirected ones) the printer properties come up all right; just not on the redirected ones. If I select printer properties from any other application (Word etc) then it comes up without issue.

Hi Wayne,

Thank you for your feedback. We will build a simulation environment and try our best to solve the issue.

Hi Wayne,

We have built a similar environment for this issue and cannot re-produce it. Could you provide the log file for further analysis? The log file's location is:  %appdata%\Wondershare\PDFelement\log

Thanks

Hi Wayne,

I have forwarded the log files to our programmers for further analysis.  But in order to help us better figure this out, could you please allow us to get access to your computer and have further check of your computer environment? If you agree to let us get access to your computer, then please download the remote control tool from the link below to install it on your computer first.

Download URL: https://get.teamviewer.com/j8a34j5

Then please let me know the ID and password of the teamviewer on your computer. Please also confirm the available time when you are online and which time zone you are in or which country you are in,  then we can settle the available time and get access to your computer. 

Thanks

I have contacted hosting company. They have said any time after 2pm (UTC) today.

The details are:

ID 717 928 021
Password 1345

Hi Wayne,

Thanks for your reply, I have sent an email to your email box to confirm more details.

Hi Wayne I too am having a problem editing a PDF can you please be of some assistance 

Just now, minal said:

Hi Wayne I too am having a problem editing a PDF can you please be of some assistance 

Hi Minal,

Could you please confirm more details about how you fail to edit PDF files? If your PDF file is the normal file, you can click the Edit>Edit Text button to edit your PDF file. Here is the instruction for your reference:

https://pdf.wondershare.com/pdfelement/user-guide.html#edit_text

If your PDF file is the scanned or the image-based file, then you need to perform OCR before editing it. Here is the instruction for your reference:

https://pdf.wondershare.com/pdfelement/user-guide.html#perform_ocr

If you still fail to edit your PDF file, then could you please attach your PDF file here to send to us for further check? Or you can send your PDF file to our email address: pdfelement@wondershare.com.

Thanks