• Announcements

• Daphne

Official Release of version 6.3.0   09/19/2017

htmlentities(

We have released the new version 6.3.0 for both of Windows and Mac version program PDFelement 6 Professional! The Windows version program supports XFA files, PDF attachments and multi-tiled screen,etc. Start your experience now: https://pdf.wondershare.com/

)
    • Daphne

How do you use PDFs? Take our quick survey.   09/20/2017

htmlentities(

We are inviting you to tell us about your experiences working with paper and digital documents. The survey takes less than 2 minutes and your responses are confidential. There's also an opportunity to get an additional copy of PDFelement 6 Professional for free. Start the survey now.

)
Ted Hussey

Combining PDF error

13 posts in this topic

When I try to combine 2 PDF files that were saved as PDF files from within Windows I get an error message saying "2 file(s) fails to be loaded:".

Could you open the 2 PDF files separately in PDFelement? Could you upload the 2 PDF files here and help us to reproduce your issue? Thanks.

I am having this problem to. The PDFs I am combining work fine by themselves.

Screen capture.PNG

Hi Kevin,

I am afraid the issue is caused by the complexity path of your files. You can move your files to save on the desktop first, then load the files from the desktop into our program for a try again.

Any feedback, please feel free to let us know.

Thanks

Thank you you are correct. The file path I was using is a mapped network drive.

Experimented little more:

It seems to work fine from logical drives to this computer i.e. USB key and local hard drive.

Does not combine from any network storage no matter what path length.

Grateful if there is a fix on this as all files are stored on network storage.

Many thanks

1 person likes this

Hi Kevin,

I am sorry that the files saved in the network storage may not be able to be loaded in the program, I am afraid you need to save the files on your local hard drive to work.

Thanks

Hi Kevin,

In order to help us better improve the program, could you please share more information about your situation?  What kind of network storage do you have? Whether the files in your network storage can be opened and viewed successfully by any other program on your computer? From your screenshot, we can see your files seem to be saved in the drive H:\? So it is not the local drive but a network drive? 

Thanks

SOLVED

We store all our files on a Synology Network Attached Storage 412+. Synology runs on an Linux platform. Disks are in a RAID configuration.

We run a Windows 7 'workgroup' network (small group 6 or so clients) and each client has mapped drive to the NAS.

So the H drive is mapped to a Synology NAS.

All files (including PDFs) can be open up and viewed directly from the mapped drive successfully as they do into PDFElement (they just don't combine from H and I drive).

Interestingly I tried a file combine from a networked attached windows 7 client computer and the combine feature worked fine, so it does work across a network but seems to have issue with Linux platform drive. See attached screen shot.

This issue affects all the clients in our office but only affects files from the 'I' or 'H' drive.

We have a mapped 'G' drive on the Synology NAS (same volume shared different folder) and combining files works from there! Directory names are similar on both mapped drives. The only difference I can see between the 2 is that H and I use a recycle bin facility.

Guess what disabling the recycle bin facility on H and I drive has got everything working. See attached screenshot for box to remain unticked.

So Solved

Thanks

Synology NAS Disk Screen Shot.PNG

Hi Kevin,

I am glad it is solved and appreciate your sharing. Our development team will also have further analysis about the Combine feature.

Thanks a lot.

Bit premature in saying this was resolved. Following a restart of computer this morning combining files still fails to load from I and H network drives, even though it temporarily worked after disabling recycle bin. But still works okay from G network drive (which is just a separate partition of the same network drive). Same on all computers in office. Don't think it is to do with complexity of file name but would like to resolve this as it is and issue for us. Any ideas?

:-(

Hi Kevin,

Could you read and write Word file or other file in the same network drive? Do you know which file system  Synology are using? I suggest that you can try to ask for help in Synology forum too.

Thanks for your feedback!

I think this is resolved this time.

When using a mapped network drive the default is to use the server name and not the IP address.

If mapping using IP address all works fine.

i.e:

\\name of server\folder1

does not work all the time

\\IP address\folder name

e.g

\\192.168.1.55\folder1

does work

1 person likes this

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for your confirmation and sharing of the solution here. 

Best Regards,

Daphne