maryam

Trouble with converting PDF to word in Mac

4 posts in this topic

Hi Maryam,

Your PDF file should be a scanned PDF, and when you tried to convert it to Word directly, every page will only be a whole image. I think you can try to OCR your PDF file firstly, then convert it to Word.

I am having the same problem. I have an iMac and every PDF file that was scanned and then converted to Word (the version I have is 'Word For MAC"), I cannot  edit it in any way.  The title is at th top of the document, but always in Compatability Mode.  I really did not want to spend more money to use the OCR, which I think I have to do to be able to edit the document.  Any feedback would be appreciated. 

N. 

4 hours ago, Nancy Cahir, PhD said:

I am having the same problem. I have an iMac and every PDF file that was scanned and then converted to Word (the version I have is 'Word For MAC"), I cannot  edit it in any way.  The title is at th top of the document, but always in Compatability Mode.  I really did not want to spend more money to use the OCR, which I think I have to do to be able to edit the document.  Any feedback would be appreciated. 

N. 

Hi Nancy, if the file is scanned document, I guess there is no other way but to use an OCR tool to recognize the text in the file (PDF or Word) . Maybe you could try an online OCR tool, but the result would not be as satisfying as you expect. By the way, do you already have a PDFelement on your Mac? If yes, OCR plugin is included in this software and you do not need to pay separately for it. .