• Announcements

• Daphne

PE Points Program!   09/26/2017

htmlentities(

We are excited to announce that we are launching our brand new PE Points Program. Read more here for detailed rules and get ready to win some cool prizes!

)
    • Daphne

PDFelement App now is Free!   10/11/2017

htmlentities(

PDFelement for iOS and Android versions are Free now! Download here and start to use in your mobile devices any time and any where you want.

)
maryam

Trouble with converting PDF to word in Mac

6 posts in this topic

Hi Maryam,

Your PDF file should be a scanned PDF, and when you tried to convert it to Word directly, every page will only be a whole image. I think you can try to OCR your PDF file firstly, then convert it to Word.

I am having the same problem. I have an iMac and every PDF file that was scanned and then converted to Word (the version I have is 'Word For MAC"), I cannot  edit it in any way.  The title is at th top of the document, but always in Compatability Mode.  I really did not want to spend more money to use the OCR, which I think I have to do to be able to edit the document.  Any feedback would be appreciated. 

N. 

4 hours ago, Nancy Cahir, PhD said:

I am having the same problem. I have an iMac and every PDF file that was scanned and then converted to Word (the version I have is 'Word For MAC"), I cannot  edit it in any way.  The title is at th top of the document, but always in Compatability Mode.  I really did not want to spend more money to use the OCR, which I think I have to do to be able to edit the document.  Any feedback would be appreciated. 

N. 

Hi Nancy, if the file is scanned document, I guess there is no other way but to use an OCR tool to recognize the text in the file (PDF or Word) . Maybe you could try an online OCR tool, but the result would not be as satisfying as you expect. By the way, do you already have a PDFelement on your Mac? If yes, OCR plugin is included in this software and you do not need to pay separately for it. . 

Posted (edited)

How do I use the OCR tool? I do not see it as an option? This shouldn't be this complicated. I scanned a document, clicked the convert tool, selected word, and everything is saved automatically to docx not doc. There is no option to change it anywhere, so when I open the word document its just one giant image. Spent the money for nothing

Edited by Melly
more info

Hi Melly,

After opening your PDF file in the program, please click the Convert>To Word button, then you will get more options on the right side, you can enable the OCR option. And click the "Document Language" box to choose the correct language of your PDF content to convert. After enabling this OCR to convert, the converted word file should be editable instead of an image. You can refer to the link below to know more instructions:

https://pdf.wondershare.com/pdfelement-mac/user-guide.html#convert_pdf

In the new program Wondershare PDFelement 6 Pro for Mac, there is no option to choose docx or doc format now, the default output format for word files is .docx now. May I know the reason why do you want to use .doc format? 

Thanks