Trisha L.

iPad version of pdfelement: Saving highlights to PDF files

5 posts in this topic

I've been working on some pdf files on my ipad but upon uploading, the highlights are not saved. Is there a way to upload the edited PDF with the highlights?

Hi Trisha,

Sorry for this problem. I wonder whether this problem occurred since you downloaded the latest updated version or it has been existing all the time? 

What highlights did you make on your PDF document? Maybe you can take a screenshot to show us?

Which cloud do yo upload your PDF file to? iCloud or Google Driver or else?

With more details,we will have a further check.

Heidi

Hi Heidi, 

I just downloaded the app not too long ago so it should be the latest version! I highlighted some words in yellow and when I view it on my ipad (before upload) the highlights are there but once I upload the saved document to Google Drive, the highlights are gone. I did also add some text to my document and these were uploaded with the document with no problems. 

Hey Trisha, 

Thank you for the details! I tried to recreate the issue and found that highlights, underlines, and strikethroughs all show up on Mac, iPad, and Android for me when I view them through Google Drive. I edited the document through my Mac laptop, though. Did you highlight yours through our mobile or desktop app? 

Best,

Rebecca

Hi Rebecca, 

Thank you for your help. I edited my files on the iPad version of the app. I downloaded the files from Google Drive and uploaded it back after edits on the app as well. I also signed up for a Wondershare account. Did you sign in to a wondershare account when you tried it?