kb3

Output as fillable form PDF for IOS & other platforms

4 posts in this topic

I have converted Word files via the Word application itself to PDF and read in to PDF Element 6 and used form field recognition. It creates all the fields nicely.

However I noticed that if check boxes used in the form menu are copied and pasted when the form is protected and later read in as an email any check in one form will appear in any of the other forms that were copied. does this mean that each form item must be created and none copied?

Also, when I send out the fillable form via email, I can edit on a Mac notebook Pro but on my iPhone 7 boxes can't be checked. 

What is the best way to create a PDF fillable form for mobile and desktop so that both PC & Mac users can fill out the form and return via their share menu?

Hi kb3, 

I will address your questions in order: 

1) You can copy and paste the boxes, but you MUST change the name of the field in its "Properties". If a field has the same name, the responses will be the same. 

Screen Shot 2018-05-07 at 10.00.11 AM.png

2) Does the issue persist only for checkboxes? Or other types of form fields as well? Can you clarify what you mean by share menu? We will take a look. 

Best,

Rebecca

Thanks for your reply Rebecca. In the future I will change the property fields. With regard to the 2nd part of my question, What is the best way to create a PDF fillable form for mobile and desktop so that both PC & Mac users can fill out the form and return via their share menu?

The share menu is the upper right button (box with arrow pointing upwards). This might just be in Mac system but I am looking to make it so the fillable form that I send out as a health questionnaire can be filled out with whatever OS (Droid, iOS, Mac OS, Windows OS) on any device. I don't know if this is possible but shouldn't any OS be able to provide the ability to read and fill out a form with their system OS which may or may not include acrobat reader.

I notice that in Mac OS you can't find Acrobat Reader in the dashboard. It uses own Preview app. I can open my fillable form on Mac but opens with PDFelement and possibly another PDF app I have but these are editors. I want to make sure that the typical user can fill out their form, at the very least, with Acrobat Reader that they may have to download and be able to send it back to me. I hope this is understandable.

Ah, yes! Now I know exactly what icon you were talking about :) 

Yes, if a recipient doesn't have PDFelement, they will be able to fill the form on other apps such as Mac Preview, Internet browsers, and Adobe as well. You can test this by selecting "Mac Preview" when you right click the file and pick "Open With". 

Hope this helps,

Rebecca