diusgh

mac os Distribute Horizontally/Vertically Button Not Labeled on Mac

4 posts in this topic

I downloaded the trial version for MacOSX today and noticed that both distribute buttons look exactly the same and are unlabeled. A pretty huge problem, especially since there is no tool tip pop up when you hover over them. Needs to definitely be addressed. Also, distribute is not shown/explained in any of your tutorials. I couldn't find a definition for what it is/how it works anywhere. Does it distribute based on top most line and bottom most line? Are there other things that go into deciding how it distributes? A pretty big oversight in my opinion for such a powerful tool.

Thanks!

Hi Diusgh, 

I had actually written a blog post about this a while back and was about to link you before I realized we had taken down our blog. We are about to migrate to a new platform. I've attached the portion of the post that talks about alignment/distribution. Let me know if you need additional clarifications! 

Align:Distribute.pdf

Best,

Rebecca

1 person likes this

Okay so, just to verify my understanding, if you had an array of 5 boxes the middle boxes would evenly distribute based on the interior edges of the outside boxes in the group?

Distribution example.JPG

1 person likes this

Yes, to make sure that the boxes in the middle are distributed evenly between them. You are correct to say the interior edges because if I changed the height of the first box (dragged the top edge upwards), and then proceeded to "distribute vertically", there would be no change. 

1 person likes this