Sarah CUBG

Poor Print Quality with Post Script Driver

5 posts in this topic

Some PDFs print poorly, even though they appear correctly when viewed in PDFelement. All files print correctly when opened with Adobe Acrobat Reader.

This is happening on both Windows 8.1 (x64) Enterprise and Windows 10 (x64) Enterprise, both with all Windows updates applied. 

The printer in question is a Xerox C-70 with the Global Print Driver PS (5469.900.0.0).  When printed to a Xerox 3655 with the Global Print Driver PCL6 (5273.2100.0.0), the files print correctly.  The Xerox C-70 cannot be switched to a PS driver, as it is not compatible.

Hey Sarah, 

Thanks for bringing this to our attention. Could you please attach a few photos of what the printed files look like? I will forward it to our development team.

Best,

Rebecca

Thank you, Rebecca.  I sent you a message with the files.  I removed specific client information, but still didn't feel quite comfortable uploading it to a public forum. Please let me know if you need additional information.

1 person likes this

Hi Sarah,

thank you for sharing this problem with us! You mentioned that the C70 cannot be switched to a postscript print driver - to clarify, did you mean the 3655? I know the C70 requires a PS addon to work with PS.
Would it be possible to check whether the C70 prints normally if you don't use the Global Print Driver with PS but a PCL6 (or alternative)?

Also feel free to contact me directly via my email address and I will link Rebecca in the email loop to keep the files off the forums.

Best regards,
Julian

1 person likes this

Thanks Sarah, 

That's totally understandable. I have forwarded the file to our developers and will definitely know if we have additional follow-up questions. 

As Julian mentioned, feel free to email us as well! 

Best,

Rebecca