GraphitePaddle

Cannot import Word docx file

12 posts in this topic

Have tried to convert some of my MS Word 2010 files to .PDF files, by opening them PDFElement Professional, version 6.  PDFElement just sits there for several minutes & does nothing.  It's not hung or frozen, because I can easily exit.  Smallest file is 15.2K.

MS Word 2010 stopped working on my computer last year, which is why I'm trying the .PDF route.

Hi Graphite, 

Are you on Windows or Mac? 

Best,

Rebecca

1 hour ago, Rebecca Chen said:

Hi Graphite, 

Are you on Windows or Mac? 

Best,

Rebecca

Hi Rebecca,

Windows 7.  And PDFElement reports that it is the latest version.

Hi Graphite, 

Does the Word file fail to be uploaded into our program after you click Create PDF? 

I wonder if you drag and drop the Word file into our program, will it work?

To help us better figure out this problem, can you upload your Word file here? Also, can you go to Help>About to check the program version for us?

Looking forward to your reply.

Heidi

18 hours ago, Heidi Chan said:

Hi Graphite, 

Does the Word file fail to be uploaded into our program after you click Create PDF? 

I wonder if you drag and drop the Word file into our program, will it work?

To help us better figure out this problem, can you upload your Word file here? Also, can you go to Help>About to check the program version for us?

Looking forward to your reply.

Heidi

Hi Heidi,

It's version 6.3.5.2806, and tried dragging a Word file (every time, have tried a different one), and it just shows the progress meter, but never advances.  The wait cursor comes on briefly.  Funny thing is that PDFElement is not locking up or showing any signs that it is hung.

Have attached the Word file that I just tried.  But as mentioned, EVERY Word file does the same thing.

Compass installation.docx

Hey Graphite, 

Are you using a virtual machine? 

Best,

Rebecca

No Rebecca,

No virtual machine.  It's a large tower w. a 3.4 GHz quad core CPU.

Good to know. 

This happened to a colleague once. He went into his settings -> apps & features, and typed "Wondershare" into the "search this list" field and uninstalled everything. After he reinstalled PDFelement, it worked fine. You won't have to re-register your key code so it should be relatively quick. Perhaps this will work for you too. 

Let me know!

Best,

Rebecca

21 hours ago, Rebecca Chen said:

Good to know. 

This happened to a colleague once. He went into his settings -> apps & features, and typed "Wondershare" into the "search this list" field and uninstalled everything. After he reinstalled PDFelement, it worked fine. You won't have to re-register your key code so it should be relatively quick. Perhaps this will work for you too. 

Let me know!

Best,

Rebecca

Tried that, as well as downloading & installing the latest version ==> No difference!  PDFElement Pro just cannot convert my .DOCX files.

Hey Graphite, 

So you actually drag and drop the Word file to our program and it fails without any error message or processing message?

But you do not try Create PDF option? If not, can you please try this option to see if it works?

If it fails to work, before we figure out this problem, you can open the Word file in Microsoft Word and click File>Save as to save the Word file as a PDF file. Hope this workaround can help you continue your work.

To help us figure out this problem, we might need the log file.

Could you please provide the log file of this product for analysis? In order to get the log file, please open any folder on your computer, then copy&paste the following address in the address bar, it will lead you to the destination folder. Then please find the latest version of the log format file, please attach them in the email to send to us for analysis.

%appdata%\Wondershare\PDFelement 6 Pro\Log

log.png

FYI, the latest version is 6.5.0 now.

Looking forward to your further reply.

Heidi

Hi Heidi,

>>  If it fails to work, before we figure out this problem, you can open the Word file in Microsoft Word and click File>Save as to save the Word file as a PDF file.

This is the key why I went the PDF editor root (i.e. PDFElement Pro): MS Word stopped working on my computer, about 9 months ago, and Microsoft's help desk was TOTALLY USELESS.  Have completely given up on MS Word, and .docx format.  Once my existing Word files are converted to .PDFs, will be completely rid of that piece of garbage.

Have attached the most recent log file.

PDFelement 6 Pro_6.3.5.2806.log

Hey Graphite, 

Our programmers check your log file and found the key information:  ' There is no application associated with the given file name extension. '

If there is no Microsoft Word or other Word programs that can be used properly, I am afraid that our program cannot create the PDF file from the Word file.

It seems that you cannot use Microsoft Word on your side, which explains this problem. 

Hope this explanation helps.

Heidi