ejwjohn

Set tab order does not work any more

7 posts in this topic

I am running the latest version of PDF elements pro and the latest version of high sierra and i now cannot set or change the tab sequence order on my PDF form

What is happening with this paid for software... 

I urgently need an effective response please?

Thank You for the level of support ???? my production of forms is now at a standstill, as i have had no response.......

This purchase will definitely be the last from WONDERSHARE

Hi there,

I am sorry for not being there at the moment you submitted this question.

Here is a detailed guidance about how to set tab order in PDFelement 6 Professional for Mac: http://support.wondershare.com/how-tos/i-want-to-set-tab-order-so-that-i-can-move-to-the-next-data-field-simply-by-tab-key.html

Maybe you can check it out and see if you have done every step in a correct way.

Thanks for your kind understanding.

Heidi

Tried again and again and again to get this to work and it fails ... in your instructions the tab order will not change as indicated in point 3. of the instructions.

Can you give me a link to  a much earlier version of yoru software so that i can go back to a working version.

This is now an urgent issue for me to fix

John W

Hey John, 

The tab order works, I believe the instructions on the page above are just a tad too vague. Please excuse the long-winded explanation below: 

1. After selecting "form" and placing your form fields down, you can select "show tab numbers", which is the button on the right hand side. 

2. The order of the tab will show up in purple boxes.

3. Click the field you want to order as #1. A pop-up of the property of the form field may come up. If it does, exit it.

4. Once the box you want to begin with has been selected (outlined by blue), it may not be #1. If that happens, leave the box selected, move your mouse outside the box, and move it back in. It should now depict "1".

5. To continue, select your next box. If it isn't depicting "2", bring it outside the box then back in. I think of the number as being refreshed. After a few, the number should show up correctly as soon as you select the next box. 

Let me know if this helps. 

Best,

Rebecca

1 person likes this

OK, That worked, however, it never used to be that way, when was it changed and why wasn't the documentation updated.

Also i have tried to look at the history of your software updates, and what is exactly included and i cannot find anything...

Your company doesn't appear to be doing much to keep it's customers happy.

THX  John W

Hey John, 

Glad to hear that it worked for you! 

Due to the amount of updates the software constantly goes through, the minor change surrounding the tabbing sequence may not have made it onto the release notes: https://pdf.wondershare.com/pdfelement-mac/whats-new.html 

However, it's great to see that our users are interested in learning about the changes that PDFelement goes through. I will pass this feedback along to our development team and see if we can set up something more descriptive. 

Best,

Rebecca