OCR process has to be canceled because of unexpected error

23 posts in this topic

I do get the error message if I try to OCR a pdf Doesn't matter which document I try to OCR, the same message occurs. Strangely if I install the software on my desktop it works. My laptop and my desktop are both running windows 10 OS. I hope you can help, because I need it on my laptop

ocr canceled.PNG

Hi Karl,

I am sorry about this, I am afraid it is related to your computer environment. For the case, please try to reinstall our program on your computer to see whether it works.

Thanks

I have the same issue, can not use the OCR plugin.  PDFElements version 5.10.0, OCR 1148 (latest version).  Windows 10 build 10.0.14393. 

Uninstalling and reinstalling did not help. 'The OCR process has to be cancelled because of unexpected error' message appears when using the OCR function. 

Can not see any event log entries that indicate what may be happening, is there somewhere else I can find more detail on why this will not work?

Hi David,

I am sorry for the issue, please attach your PDF file here to send to me for further tests on our side.

Thanks

Hi,

For your reference that the OCR function is not related to font, but is related to the file language. After opening your PDF file in our program, please click the OCR button, in the new window, click the Change Language button to choose the correct language of your PDF content to perform OCR. 

Thanks

Is your software support hindi language. I want to know it is pre purchase query

Edited by abc yrs

please also reply which language your ocr support. Now I have demo version, so i cannot check Change Language option

Hi abc,

I am sorry that our OCR does not support Hindi language. Actually, you can check the supported languages in the trial version directly if you are using the Windows version program, please click the FILE>Options button, in the OCR tab, you will see all the supported languages.

And the OCR plugin also supports to be tested now, you can download and install the OCR plugin from the link below to test directly. http://download.wondershare.com/pdfelement-ocr_full1148.exe

Thanks

Hi,

I don't think attaching a pdf will help, all attempts at OCR fail regardless of the file I choose.

I have attached a file as requested, it is just some simple text.  I have also included a screenshot of the error message. 

David.

doc05720620161129110950.pdf

OCR fails - unexpected error.png

Hi David,

I am sorry for the issue, but we do test your PDF file on our side and our program can perform OCR successfully without any error. So in order to help us better figure out the issue, our programmers will make a new version program for you to test again tomorrow. I will send it to you when the new version is ready tomorrow.

Thanks.

Hi David,

1) Our programmers have made this new version for you, so please go to this link below to download and install it: https://we.tl/JlLwuoC3Vj  

2) Please use this new version to perform OCR for your PDF file for a try again. In case you get the same error message again, please provide the log file of this product for analysis. In order to get the log file, please open any folder on your computer, then copy&paste the following address in the address bar, it will lead you to the log file. And please attach the log file in the email to send to us for analysis. And you can also refer to the screenshot here to know how to find the log file:

%appdata%\Wondershare\PDFelement\log

Thanks

log-new.png

Hi David,

Our programers have checked the log file that you provided and the issue is related to the RPC on your computer. For the case, please right-click the Computer icon and choose Manage, then in Service option, please make sure the option of Remote Procedure Call (RPC) is started, if not, you can right-click it to choose Start.

And please also make sure the options of "DCOM Server Process Launcher" and "RPC Endpoint Mapper" are started and "Remote Procedure Call (RPC) Locator" is not "forbidden".

Then please use our product to run the OCR for a try again to see whether it works now.

I am having a problem with my OCR in Win 8.1 Pro since I upgraded to the new version of PDFelement - 

OCR process has been cancelled because of unexpected error(same as same as) - reinstalled 4 time - no luck

Please resolve this issue urgently!

I attach the log file

Faan

PDFelement_5.11.0.1051.log

Hi Fann Jooste,

I am sorry about this. For the case, you can try to convert the different document,and if the issue still exist please share the information to us.

Thank you.

Hi Nelson,

I even tried this attached procedure!

Regards,

Faan Jooste

Wondershare2.jpg

Dear Mr Faan Jooste,

I`m Sorry for bring some trouble with you.

About your issue,we have already made a analysis about your log ,and we also thought the issue was related with" RPC",Kindly please confirm the issue dialogue was same as "the OCR process has to be cancelled because of unexpect error",meanwhile we will try our best to track and solve the reason of this issue day and night.

I`m a really sorry again and hope we will fix this problem as soon as possible.

Hi Nelson,

Thanx for the feedback - please help and assist with urgency - I have work that needs to be done urgently and loosing time and money.

If the problem cannot be solved please assist me with the MAC version of Wondershare + OCR

I am running Windows 8.1 Pro on one drive of my MacBook Pro - maybe the Mac version will work?

Regards,

Faan Jooste 

Hi Nelson,

Thanx for the feedback - please help and assist with urgency - I have work that needs to be done urgently and loosing time and money.

If the problem cannot be solved please assist me with the MAC version of Wondershare + OCR

I am running Windows 8.1 Pro on one drive of my MacBook Pro - maybe the Mac version will work?

Regards,

Faan Jooste 

Hi Faan,

We are sorry about the OCR issue, and our programmers are still working on this to analyze it, we will try the best to figure out some way to solve the issue. 

For your case, I have applied our Mac version program PDFelement for Mac to use free of charge, and I have sent the private message to provide the registration information of Mac program, you can check it.

Thanks for your understanding and support. 

On 9/5/2016 at 11:07 PM, Daphne said:

Hi Karl,

I am sorry about this, I am afraid it is related to your computer environment. For the case, please try to reinstall our program on your computer to see whether it works.

Thanks

I have the same problem, same error message. i have a large pdrf that i can trying to OCR and it stops immediately.

On 9/5/2016 at 11:07 PM, Daphne said:

Hi Karl,

Thanks

I have the same problem, same error message. i have a large pdrf that i can trying to OCR and it stops immediately.