Joseph Stevenson

Does PDF Element work with OS X High Sierra?

6 posts in this topic

I have PDF Element Pro for Mac version 6.4.4 but it doesn't work for OCR, the only thing I need it for. I am running the latest OS X 10.13.3 High Sierra. Are they compatible? Does anybody know?

Hi Joseph, 

Thanks for reaching out! I apologize in the delay of response.

I just updated my Mac to High Sierra and found that my OCR worked properly. Is it one document or many that this issue occurs with? We can try a few things to troubleshoot: 

1) Download the V.6.1 and onwards OCR plug-in link to make sure the system has the latest one: https://pdf.wondershare.com/pdfelement/ocr-plugin-versions.html

2) Please screenshot what happens when you click the OCR link under the "Edit" tab. I have screenshotted what the process is supposed to look like. Please let me know where it starts to differ for you! 

Screen Shot 2018-03-08 at 5.58.41 PM.pngScreen Shot 2018-03-08 at 5.58.44 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-03-08 at 5.58.47 PM.png

Best,

Rebecca

Cannot get my PDFElementPro 6.4.4 to do OCR.  Cannot download the proper OCR plugin (Cannot fathom why the program does not come with the OCR Plugin installed in the first place)  The link above was to the Windows versions of the plugins.  (.exe files rather than .dmg files)  I use a Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.4.

Please send me the link to the Mac OCR plugin for PDF element Pro 6.4.4

Thanks

Hiilsdale contract templ 4-11-18.pdf

Posted (edited)

Hi Steve,

Please find the full *.dmg with OCR plugin for download under the following link: http://download.wondershare.com/mac-pdfelement6-pro-ocr_full2992.dmg

The reason the OCR plugin is not included with most installation files is because the collection of supported languages in the OCR plugin increase the installer size substantially (from 30mb to 469mb). The majority of companies with OCR products therefore push the OCR plugin or parts thereof to be downloaded on demand within the app, in an effort to reduce file size and lower bandwidth usage (e.g. Adobe's installer is only 60MB, but with OCR almost 600). 

Hope I could answer your question & best regards,
Julian

Edited by Julian Ertelt

Thanks so much

It worked.

And I see what you mean by the huge size of the application with the OCR added.