Joseph Stevenson

mac os OCR not editable

2 posts in this topic

I purchased PDF Element last year, was able to successfully OCR and edit one document, now it's not working well enough to be useable at all. I am running the latest OS High Sierra on a MacBook Pro. Looking at help menus I have tried trashing and reinstalling the program twice, and I now have what I believe is the latest edition of PDF Element 6.4.4.3233. Depending which set of directions I follow I either get a complete blank when I perform OCR on a PDF document, or I get a version of the original that is not really editable. The formatting comes out all cockeyed -- the margins, the spacing, the fonts, the formatting just a mess, and trying to fix it by further editing just makes it worse. I am attaching two examples of the results I get when I try to "convert PDFs to editable text" -- one is to Pages format, the other to Text Edit. I have gotten good use out of some Wondershare software I've used in the past, but this program is not working for me. What's the matter?

PagesScreenSnapz001.jpg

TextEditScreenSnapz003.jpg

Hi Joseph,

I am sorry that the old product is not quite compatible with the latest OS High Sierra when it comes to perform OCR. 

So for your case, it is advised to upgrade to PDFelement 6 Professional for Mac. You can check your eligibility here: https://pdf.wondershare.com/upgrade.html

Hope this makes sense to you. 

Heidi