mtnerd

windows os Can't email form with submit button

9 posts in this topic

I'm testing the trial version of PDF Elements Standard version (I don't think we need all the bells & whistles in the Pro version).  Your web materials say that the system should allow me to create a button that will email a completed form in the pdf format to an email address.  I'm testing this before I purchase the software and invest a lot of time setting of the rest of the form fields.  (It's a 4 page employment application.)

I've tried the method shown on this page - 

And it's not working.  I've also tried using the http://mailto:<email address> and that's not working either.  

What do I need to do to make this work?  I would love to proceed with purchasing your software and getting this form on-line.  

Thank you for your help,

Debra

Thanks for bringing this to our attention Debra! I am experiencing the same issues so I have forwarded it to the development team and I hope to hear from them soon. 

Are you on Mac or Windows? 

I'm on Windows 10.  Thanks Rebecca.  I look forward to hearing from you.

Deb

Hi Deb,

I am sorry if it does not work during your trial. For your case, I would recommend you to check out this FAQ to see if you have done every step correctly:

http://support.wondershare.com/how-tos/i-want-to-click-a-button-to-submit-the-form-directly.html

If it still fails to work, can you upload your PDF file here so that we can have a further test on our side? 

Looking forward to your reply.

Heidi

Hello Heidi,

That was the faq I was using as guidance.  I've attached a short version of the form.  The button is on the last page.  There are only two fields set up so far, the signature and the date.  When  I hit the "Submit Application" button, nothing happens.  I've also tried it with an mailto:<emailaddress>.  

Thank you for your help,

Debra

Employment Application 020418 short version.pdf

Hi Debra,

It seems that you have bought PDFelement 6 for Mac. I wonder whether you are using and testing the trial version of PDFelement 6 Professional for Mac so the watermark is added to your document? 

I thought you were using the Windows version thus the FAQ I shared above is actually for Windows version. For Mac version, I was told by the product manager that sending the email with the file as attachment by clicking the button is still under development. Though the Mac product supports to set the "send email" button, it is not applicable in our own program. If you use another program which supports this feature to open the file and click the "submit button", it shall be working.

Hope this makes sense. 

For your convenience, I helped remove the watermark from your file by using the registered PDFelement 6 Professional for Mac. 

And thanks for your suggestion, we will fulfill this feature in future updates. Please stay tuned!

Best Regards,

Heidi

Employment Application 020418 short version.pdf

Hello Heidi,

I thought I had downloaded the trial copy for Windows.  I'm not an Apple/Mac user.  I downloaded the trial version of the software from this page - https://pdf.wondershare.com/6std-vs-6pro.html   and downloaded the  Standard version.  We don't need to extra features in the  Pro version. 

Is there something wrong with the standard version for Windows?  

Debra

Hello?  

Neither the standard or pro Windows version of the submit button/email form is working.  I've tried them both.  I'm using Windows, not Mac.  

I've attached the sample form I made with the Pro version.  Could you please ask the technicians to check this?  Rebecca was having problems too.  

Any idea when this might be resolved?  I'm eager to purchase your product but I need to make sure this works first.  

Thank you,

Debra

Employment Application 020418 short version-Pro.pdf

Hi Debra,

Sorry for the delayed reply due to the spring festival holiday. I checked your PDF file and the submit button seems to work well on my side. Even if you are using the free trail version, the function you need is supposed to work the same as the registered version. For your case, it is advised to reinstall the latest version of PDFelement 6 Pro to try again. 

http://download.wondershare.com/cbs_down/pdfelement6-pro_full2990.exe

For your information, when utilizing the submit feature, it will automatically open the default mailbox on your computer and have the PDF file attached in the email . So I wonder whether you set a default mailbox on your computer?

When you click the submit button, if it fails to work, I wonder what error message did you receive? Can you take a screenshot to show us so that we can have a further check for you?

Best Regards,

Heidi