JLH

How to align text at the bottom of an text field box

9 posts in this topic

Hello,

I tried to respond to an existing thread but received an error so I am attempting to post an inquiry here that may not be original. I would like to format text field input boxes such that the text entered into them is aligned at the bottom of the box instead of the top. Is there any way to do this. I've tried using the "align bottom" setting by right clicking on the field but that does not appear to change anything...

I am using the Apple version of PDF Element Pro.

Regards

Jason

Hey Jason,

My alignment options are left, right, and centre. Were you able to find other options? 

Screen Shot 2018-02-05 at 2.42.28 PM.png

If those don't work for you, I find that the text I type out fits best when the box size more or less matches the size of the font. 

Best,

Rebecca

Rebecca,

Thanks...I have alignment options that appear to be for setting where text aligns...or maybe not. I would like text to align with the bottom of a text entry box but it does not...which, to me, doesn't make sense.

Moving the text entry box to below a line where text it to be entered results in messy appearance in some PDF viewers (Acrobat Reader for example) as the entry boxes appear highlighted. 

This seems like a design flaw to me...or maybe (hopefully) I'm just missing a setting somewhere...?

Regards

Jason

Screen Shot 2018-02-06 at 10.04.32.png

Thanks for the clarifications! I think I've seen this a couple of times, I'll forward your case and get a diagnosis from the development team. 

Best,

Rebecca 

Hi Jason,

Thanks for your feedback. It seems that this is not a fault of our program because the align bottom feature that you mentioned is targeted to the form fields instead of the text. Currently, we do not support to align text to the bottom of the form fields. I have forwarded this suggestion to our product manager for future consideration. 

Your suggestion is highly valued!

Regards,

Heidi

1 person likes this

Any updates on this?  When every text field defaults to center vertical alignment  (vs bottom alignment) it makes all text float above the lines - which looks like an error. 

Please fix ASAP. 

Hi Patrick,

Are you using Windows version or Mac version?

Can you take a screenshot to show me the error you referred to?

Looking forward to your reply.

Heidi

Posted (edited)

Glad I'm not the only one this bothers haha. I have to realign 167 text boxes because of this (x.X) and I know it's not going to be pretty. Also all your box heights have to be the same height in order for this to work, if you want to speed up the process by moving groups of boxes at the same time.

**This could honestly be fixed by adding a guide line within the box where the bottom of text is suppose to actually appear. Though, it wouldn't fix the ugly factor of seeing highlight boxes off center on all in all your documents, but it's a start!

Edited by diusgh
1 person likes this