BahrainKayaker

How to Combine PDFs and Retain Bookmarks?

4 posts in this topic

Running PDFElement 6.4.0.2938 WIN10.  How do I combine PDFs while retaining bookmarks from both files

I want to combine multiple files into one large non-tabbed file while retaining the bookmarks of both files.

I can combine them into separate tabs while retaining the bookmarks but if I get them in one tab, I lose the bookmarks from the 'combined' files.

This is pretty easy to do in ACROBAT.

I was able to do it by having PDFElement open with no open files, then 'combine' and drag the files into the pane all at once.  But if I opened a file and added other files, they went into new tabs and I could not figure out how to get them all in one big tab while retaining bookmarks.

Hey BahrainKayaker,

Thanks for your detailed descriptions. I have forwarded this to our development team to better improve our bookmark functions! 

Best,

Rebecca

Hi  BahrainKayaker,

For combing PDF file, currently our program does not support to drag a new PDF to the currently opened file to combine them. By this dragging a new PDF to the program, this new PDF file will be opened on a new tab. For your case, it is advised to launch our program and then click Combine PDF.

Image 2.png

For retaining bookmarks while combining PDF files,  I am sorry that currently our program does not support this feature. I have reported your case to our programmers and they will take this feature into account in the future products. 

Thanks for your understanding and support.

Heidi