Nikolay TODOROW

windows os Winword 2016 Pro and PDFelement Pro printer driver issue - Missing embedded documents and index tables (navigation) in PDF-output

2 posts in this topic

Hi,

I'm using PDFelement Pro 6 Version 6.3.5.2806 (latest Version) on a MS Windows 7 Pro SP1 PC with MS Office2016 Pro locally installed (latest version).

Everything runs smoothly so far.

The PDFelement Pro printer driver works fine.

I can create (print) PDFs directly from within winword or use the PDFelement Pro application to do this.

What I am missing though is an option or feature, which I thought PDFelement Pro 6 provides.

PDFelement Pro does not transfer embedded files from winword to the PDF output file.

I went through the documentation, through the options of the application, through the configuration of the printer driver and through the community FAQs but couldn't find what I was looking for!

Here my questions:

Q: Does PDFelement Pro 6 provides an option or feature which lets the user have his embedded files (embedded objects like zip-files) being transfered from the winword document into the PDF output file?
Q: Does PDFelement Pro 6 provides an option or feature which lets the user have his active content table (main index) being transfered from the word document into the PDF output file? This question also applies to the 'image index' and 'table index'. In general this applies to all existing indexes of the winword file into the PDF output file!
Q: Does PDFelement Pro 6 provides an option or feature which lets the user have his active links being transfered into the PDF output file?

So far, the PDFelement Pro 6 PDF output file lacks all of this! The PDF-file is rather "flat".

Btw on my old and retired MS Windows XP Pro and Windows 2000 Pro PCs, both equipped with Adobe Acrobat Pro 3.x and 4.x, could do this.

I am convinced that PDFelement Pro 6 can do this too.
I still haven't found it yet!

I hope you can help me.

With kind regards
Dr. Nikolay TODOROW
Germany

Hi Nikolay,

Thanks for bring these to our attention. 

A. PDFelement does not support to have the embedded file being transferred from the word document to the PDF output file.

A. PDFelement does not support the index or hyperlinks being transferred from word document to the PDF output file.

A. After creating the PDF, you can use PDFelement to add hyperlinks in the PDF. You can open the PDF file in it first, then click the Edit>Link button, select the area where you want to set for, you will get the option to set the hyperlinks, here is the instructions: https://pdf.wondershare.com/pdfelement/user-guide.html#link

Thanks