Michelle2018

File not optimizing

8 posts in this topic

I have created a 37 page PDF, which I need to email. I have saved it, then gone File>Optimize>selected the lowest option, resaved, but it still has not reduce the overall size where I am able to email it? I have done this many many times before, and never had this problem?

Hi Michelle,

Please use the File>Save As button to save it to a new PDF file to check whether it helps to reduce the file size. If it still does not work, could you please attach your PDF file here to send to us for further check? And please confirm which program do you use, Windows version or the Mac version?

Thanks

I am a new user to pdfelement for Mac.  I need to optimize a file - make it smaller, for emailing.  I see that is a feature of pdfelement mac pro.  I have installed a trial version of Pro to see if it optimizes my file.  It does not. Is that because I have just a trial version?

Hi Tom,

The trial version should also help you to optimize the file. Do you mean after optimizing, the file size has no change? If you mean this, could you please attach your original PDF file here to send to us for further tests? And what kind of content in your PDF file? If you only have text in the PDF, then I am afraid the optimize feature may not help a lot since it is specific for images. If your PDF file contains a lot of images, then the optimize feature will help you reduce the file size dramatically.

Thhanks

14 hours ago, Daphne said:

Hi Tom,

The trial version should also help you to optimize the file. Do you mean after optimizing, the file size has no change? If you mean this, could you please attach your original PDF file here to send to us for further tests? And what kind of content in your PDF file? If you only have text in the PDF, then I am afraid the optimize feature may not help a lot since it is specific for images. If your PDF file contains a lot of images, then the optimize feature will help you reduce the file size dramatically.

Thhanks

Just now, Tom Hester said:

I tried to upload the file but it is 19 MB.  Hmm, wish I could optimize it!  My file is a property appraisal report with mostly narrative but inserted images.  It wast about 15 .pdfs which I combined into one.  I tried to upload it in the Support area, which said I could upload 60 MB, but it crashed out saying the file was too big. 

Hi Tom,

For the case, could you please upload your file to dropbox or other cloud service that you have? Then you only need to provide the download link to us, so we can download your file from our side to test. 

Thanks