dbrucer

Paperless Office Setup Basics

2 posts in this topic

I am about to take on the task of creating a paperless office. It seems to be an overwhelming task and I can't find too much info on where to start. I understand the concept of creating PDFs of all my documents. However, I do have a number of questions I need to have answered before diving into this project. I hope somebody has the answers.

• How do you structure the files you are about to create? It does not look like this software automatically creates a database of all documents
  • What kind of naming structure is best when creating the PDFs of my documents? It must be wise to use the same naming structure to provide consistency. What are some examples others are using?
  • What is normally done with all hard copies of documents I convert to PDFs. Do I keep them on file for a while or can they be sent out to be shredded?
  • What is the best way of maintaining a paperless office

Having answers to those questions will at least get me off to a good start. Many thanks in advance for any replies!!!

Hi Dbrucer,

Our program supports to create PDF files from hard copies directly. If you have a scanner to scan, then you can connect your scanner with our program PDFelement to create PDFs. You are welcome to download the free trial version from the link below to have a test first: https://pdf.wondershare.com/pdfelement-mac/ 

Here are more instructions about how to work: https://pdf.wondershare.com/pdfelement-mac/user-guide.html#create_pdf_files_from_scanners

What do you mean to create a database? What kind of database? When you save the created PDF files, you can name the files as you want. You can keep the hard copies of the documents or shred them as you want.

Thanks