Tore Simonsen

Using Javascript with Forms

4 posts in this topic

Hi,

I'm currently evaluation PDFelement over Nitro PDF, but ran into some problems with using forms. It looks like PDFelement does not support using Javascript. Is this correct?

Is there any plans of implementing this? I am using Javascript to add images to a PDF via forms.

Regards,

Tore Simonsen

Hi Tore,

Our program does not support Javascript currently, however I have forwarded your need to our development and we will keep working on the program to  support more features in the future new versions.

Thanks

Would be great to be able to use Java or JS to read the field entries in interactive pdf forms or to export directly to a database in Java. The program seems to have potentials --just seems to lack real user HOW-TO and explanation of what it can do. Relying on users to provide user experience is nice but doesn't really cover the many aspects of implementing the program. A comprehensive downloadable User Manual would help immensely.  

Hi Txguy5199, 

Here is a link to our user guides (both Mac and Windows). This can be found under "Forum Resources" on the Home Page of this Community. 

http://forum.pdf.wondershare.com/index.php?/forum/44-user-guides/

I like your suggestion of a downloadable version as well. The main obstacle that I see is that the product goes through many updates so the guide would constantly change and users would need to continuously download the PDF. Maybe a good solution would be to have a guide that you can access directly through the program when you're offline. Let me know if you have any other ideas! 

Best,

Rebecca