JamieC

File Optimization

10 posts in this topic

We have just generated our first form using the PDF Element 6 application. While the production process worked well, were a little disappointed to see a final fil size of over 3.5Mb in size. For a basic 2 page form this seemed unusually large. I have utilised the optimise features and selected the lowest possible Custom settings, however file reduced to just over 3.3Mb. The same file was then optimised using our old Adobe Acrobat software and was reduced to a more manageable 300kb.

Not sure how Adobe can reduce the file down under 10% of the original size, but all still appears to be fully operational.

Maybe the optimising of files may need to be looked at, for some form of better compression processes.

Hi Jamie,

After optimizing your file, please click the File>Save As button to save it to a new file, then check whether the size has been reduced.

Thanks

Saludos, tengo pdfelement6, quiero optimizar un archivo PDF, pero no me sale la opción de optimizar, porque no me sale la opción?? Por favor ayuda. Gracias.

Hi Lenin,

For your information that the standard version program PDFelement 6 does not support to optimize PDF files. For the case, please use the upgraded program PDFelement 6 Pro to work. You are welcome to download the upgraded program from the link below to have a try: https://pdf.wondershare.com/ 

And after opening your PDF file in the upgraded program, you can click the File>Optimize button to do it. Here are more details:

Thanks

Unless I'm missing something, It appears PDFElement only unindexes deleted pages but does not delete the data.  For example, I have a 237 page text-heavy document that is 2.4 mb.  I deleted all but one blank page and it's still the same 2.4 mb file size - despite only having one blank page.

How to reduce the file size of these deleted pages?

Hey Bahrain, 

How many pages is your final document? 

Best,

Rebecca

I started with a 2.4 mb 237 page text-heavy document (bank statements) and deleted all but one blank page, compressed and saved it.  File size did not change appreciably.  It should have gone down to maybe 10k.

Hey Bahrain, 

Thanks for getting back to me.

After you deleted all the blank pages, how many pages did you have (out of the original 237 pages)?

Best,

Rebecca 

I was 'rolling' the document between years since I wanted to retain the bookmark structure but not the pages. 

I started with 237 mostly text pages, 2.4 mb.  Bank statements and such.

I deleted down to one blank page. ONLY ONE BLANK PAGE.  Tried compressing.  File size did not change appreciably. 

My guess, this program unindexes deleted pages but does not truly delete the data.

Hi there,

To help us have a further check on this problem, can you send us your original PDF and the one blank page document so that we can have a test on our side?

Looking forward to your reply.

Heidi