• Announcements

• Daphne

Your Wishlist!   12/13/2017

htmlentities(

'Tis the season! Let the PDFelement team know what features and tools are on your wishlist by submitting your idea or voting for others here.

)
    • Daphne

New Year Gift!   12/25/2017

htmlentities(

We have prepared the gifts as the thanks to you, for more details, please click here . 

)
gagunskes

Watermark removal impossible in PRO version

8 posts in this topic

"There is no watermark or the watermark was not created from PDFElement 6 Professional"

That is the message I receive when trying to remove a watermark from a document I bought.

Please help!

File is attached

If I export the PDF to Word, I can remove the watermark. But this is not how PDFElement should work ;-)

If I replace the existing watermark with a new one (see attached white square), the replacement removes the initial watermark, nut again, this is not why I have bought PDFElement Pro...

Shot0001.jpg

Hi,
as each application puts the watermark slightly differently, the watermark you see is technically speaking just an image in PDFelement, because it's not placed in the same layer as where the software would put a new watermark. The "remove watermark" function only removes images in the watermark-layer.

To remove the watermark in your document, you would go to "Edit", click on the watermark to highlight and delete it like any other image/textbox in the document.

I tested to detect the watermark again using Adobe Acrobat DC and Foxit PhantomPDF, and both softwares proceed like PDFelement (watermark is only detected as image and can only be edited/removed as such).

According to Adobe the document, and thus likely the watermark as well, was created by an online PDF creator. You can still remove the watermark like you would remove an image in the document.

20 hours ago, Julian Ertelt said:

To remove the watermark in your document, you would go to "Edit", click on the watermark to highlight and delete it like any other image/textbox in the document.

Thank you for your reply. I was unable to click on the watermark to highlight and delete it.

Instead I tried again the function "remove watermark", which worked like a charm today. Queer and not understandable!

I'll test some other documents with the same watermark...

20 hours ago, Julian Ertelt said:

Thank you for your reply. I was unable to click on the watermark to highlight and delete it.

Instead I tried again the function "remove watermark", which worked like a charm today. Queer and not understandable!

I'll test some other documents with the same watermark...

Could you please delete the attached file? I seem to be unable to delete or edit my posts. Thank you!

1 person likes this

Hey Gagunskes, 

I'm glad you were able to remove your watermark, thanks for letting us know! I have also deleted your file from the original post. 

Cheers,

Rebecca