• Announcements

• Daphne

Christmas Gift!   12/07/2017

htmlentities(

We have prepared the gifts as the thanks to you, for more details, please click here . 

)
    • Daphne

Your Wishlist!   12/13/2017

htmlentities(

'Tis the season! Let the PDFelement team know what features and tools are on your wishlist by submitting your idea or voting for others here.

)
db18

windows os Background Bar and Layering.

20 posts in this topic

I am wanting to create a background rectangle, so that I can put multiple items on top, however, when I create the rectangle under "Comment > Rectangle", it appears on top of my text, how do I layer it, so that it goes into the background and the text, fields, or whatever specified will be on top?

I have also tried the approach of what I'm wanting to achieve in my comment above by using the feature in "Comment > Area Highlight" which seems to put the highlight in the background, but there is no option once it was initially drawn to amend the size of the position of it.

Does anybody have a suggestion of what the best way of doing this is? Thank you.

Hey DB, 

Any tools under "Comment" is for annotation/collaboration purposes where you can add notes about the file and not so much for design: 

Screen Shot 2017-12-07 at 1.31.48 PM.png

A work around for your particular situation would be to have the box that you want as a separate image file then insert the file so that you can type or copy and paste on top of it:

Screen Shot 2017-12-07 at 1.30.35 PM.png

Let me know if this helps!

Rebecca

Hi Rebecca,

Sorry, but I don't really follow what you mean, do you mean that I would need to create an image of a solid colour and upload as an image? 

Also when I add an image as above, the image still appears on top of my existing text, how could I put the image to the back layer?

Is there any way I can achieve my result, other than do in the method you have mentioned?

Many Thanks.

Attached is an screenshot of an old pdf I have which I have opened in your program, ultimately I would like it in the same format having the dynamic fields and text on top of the background box colour, but with the ability to change the colour from the blue in the screenshot.

Screen Shot 2017-12-08 at 12.11.44.png

Edited by db18

Could you send me step by step instructions to achieve this result please, as I am not too familiar with your platform at the moment?

As I cannot edit my previous comments, apologies for the multiple posts.

Also creating a new pdf, is there any way i transfer all fields from previous pdf into this, without having to do these individually?

Hi db18,

You can use the copy and paste method to transfer all the fields in the new PDF file. So please open both of your PDF files in our program, click the Form>Form Edit button in your previously PDF file, and copy all the fields as you want. Then click the Form>Form Edit button in the new PDF file as well, paste all the fields in it. Hope this method helps.

In order to edit your comment, please make sure to click the Select button in the top-left corner, then you can click the comment to edit it.

Thanks

Hi Daphne,

Thanks, I will give that a go, can you get back to me on my other comments please?

Hi db18,

Do you mean to set the text on top of the background box colour of the field? After opening your PDF form in our program, please click the Form>Edit Form button, then double click the field to open its properties window. In the Appearance tab, you can set the fill in color and text color and other settings. In case the settings cannot meet your needs, could you please specify your requirements? And you can attach your old PDF file that can meet your needs here to send to us for further check.

Thanks

Hey DB18, 

To clarify, are you trying to change the color of the blue bar? Or the background for the whole page? 

background layer.png

Best,

Rebecca

There are a few options for changing the color of the blue bar. Here are some step-by-step instructions: 

1) Select the color you want and then stretch the bar over the old rectangle. 

Screen Shot 2017-12-08 at 11.22.03 AM.png

2) You can add the form fields on top without a problem. 

Screen Shot 2017-12-08 at 11.23.26 AM.png

Best, 

Rebecca

On 08/12/2017 at 8:35 PM, Rebecca Chen said:

There are a few options for changing the color of the blue bar. Here are some step-by-step instructions: 

1) Select the color you want and then stretch the bar over the old rectangle. 

Screen Shot 2017-12-08 at 11.22.03 AM.png

2) You can add the form fields on top without a problem. 

Screen Shot 2017-12-08 at 11.23.26 AM.png

Best, 

Rebecca

Hi Rebecca,

I have done this, however my static text is still hidden underneath, although the dynamic field appears on top when I'm in edit view, plus when I go to print this, as it is a comment box, it does not display, please help, this is driving me crazy!

Is there any way I can Skype you and be able to resolve this together via team viewer? As this is the only things preventing me from buying this software so far!

Thank you.

Hi db18, 

The method I sent you was good for text fields. I had assumed that was what you needed due to the screenshot you provided, apologies! The other method was the one I mentioned first and it's a bit harder to explain. I'll include some step-by-step instructions but if you would like to Skype still, please send me an email at rebeccac@wondershare.com. I am in the Pacific Time Zone and will be available until about 5PM. 

1) Look for the color you want on Google. 

Screen Shot 2017-12-11 at 10.43.17 AM.png

2) Edit -> Add image 

Screen Shot 2017-12-11 at 10.44.55 AM.pngScreen Shot 2017-12-11 at 10.44.59 AM.png

3) Resize however you wish

Screen Shot 2017-12-11 at 10.45.12 AM.png

4) You can add textfields and static text on top. Just make sure you make the box first since the PDF will be built in layers. 

Screen Shot 2017-12-11 at 10.45.35 AM.png

Let me know if this helps!

Rebecca

Oh and if you could attach your form here for me to take a look and send instructions more tailored to your situation that would be great!

Hi Rebecca, attached is a demo pdf i have opened and modified with your program, ultimately, the blue bars, i want to keep or replicate, but I would like the option to change the colour, I couldn't find you on Skype? Thank you

pilot.pdf

Hey db, 

Apologies for getting back to you so late. I have created a video tutorial for you: http://ow.ly/ISBw30hbJNz

If you would still like to schedule a call, please email me at the address I have provided above (rebeccac@wondershare.com) and I will send you the Skype information!

Best,

Rebecca

Hi Rebecca,

Thank you for the video tutorial, I have done this now, only thing I noticed however is that if I change the photo in the same box, the text gets pushed to the layer behind, any ideas to prevent this?

Attached is a pdf I would like to replicate, this time however I want to put borders around static text and field text in the same format padded around the text, how can I do this also please?

MyPDF(1).PDF

Hey db18, 

No problem!

You'll have to retype or copy/paste the words on top of the photo, since the document is created in layers. So if the text was created before the photo was inserted, it will appear behind the photo. 

For adding a border around your text, is this what you are referring to? If yes, you can go into the "Comment" tab. Make sure that the sample rectangle on the right hand side is not filled (unlike the second one filled in blue). You can do this by selecting the no fill option that I have circled in red. The sample square that the arrow is pointing to indicates how your borders will turn out. As long as the square is not filled, the text in the static/fields will show up and still be fillable!  

Screen Shot 2017-12-13 at 11.54.04 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-12-13 at 11.55.23 AM.png

Let me know if this helps, 

Rebecca

pilotMESSEDUP.pdf

I have an issue where the file is failing to be opened by a third party component called DynamicPDF by CETE systems which our developers use to fill the form-fields programmatically. We contacted their tech support and they told us there are duplicate form fields:

form1[0].#subform[0].AgentTelephone[0]
form1[0].#subform[0].AgentTelephone[0].
form1[0].#subform[0].AgentTelephone[0].

However we cannot see these fields in your software. Am I missing a trick? Is there something I have to do to make these fields visible so that I can edit them? The CETE support said they were able to view the duplicate files in Acrobat Professional 10

...The file pilot is the one with the duplicated fields. the file pilotmessed up [above] is another one I created this morning with one new form field that also fails to be open with the CETE software. We have many other files created previously in the old Adobe software LiveCycle which run in the CETE software with no problem.

pilot.pdf