• Announcements

• Daphne

Christmas Gift!   12/07/2017

htmlentities(

We have prepared the gifts as the thanks to you, for more details, please click here . 

)
    • Daphne

Your Wishlist!   12/13/2017

htmlentities(

'Tis the season! Let the PDFelement team know what features and tools are on your wishlist by submitting your idea or voting for others here.

)
whteverkat

Batch convert PNG to PDF/combine files?

4 posts in this topic

Part of the reason I purchased PDFelement (Pro) was to help me process a large number of PNG files into a single PDF document. Based on the features description and even one How-To I found, I thought this was possible, but when I try to "combine files" and add my PNG files, PDFelement gives me a Failure notice for all of my files. It's possible for me to open each PNG file individually and then it's indeed opened as a PDF file, but this solution isn't really workable when I have 100s of PNGs I want to form into a single PDF. Is there some option/step that I am missing? Is there a way to do this from the command line as a batch process? (I'm running Windows 10, but I'm pretty comfortable with command line processes).

Thanks

Hi Whteverkat,

After opening the program, please click the Combine PDF box, then you can select multiple PNG files to load in the new window. Click the Next button, it will combine all your PNG files you load in the window into a single PDF file. In case you still get any error message, please make a screenshot to show me the error you get for further check. 

combine pdf.png

Thanks

Thank you Daphne. I was taking a screenshot of the error I was getting and decided to move the file folder up to the Documents level so the individual files were more easily viewable. Once I copied the exactly same folder full of files that were erroring out of a Documents subdirectory into the general Documents folder, PDFelement happily converts the files. Do you know if there is a name length limit or something odd about folder recognition that might be causing this weird error that is location-dependent?

Hi Whteverkat,

Whether your folder name contains any symbol, such as * # & ? Or whether your folder name is too long? If it contains some symbol, then it may be affected to recognize it. You can let us know your folder name and the location path to check.

Thanks