Error messages after conversion to ePub

10 posts in this topic

I have converted a book in pdf format to ePub.

When I upload the .epub file to the distributor's website, their system generates the following errors:

ERROR (PKG-006) : Mimetype file entry is missing or is not the first file in the archive.
    ERROR (RSC-007) : Referenced resource could not be found in the EPUB.

I can't really find any explanation in their manual or on the internet, any idea what is going on?

Thank you.

Hi,

Is there any specific requirements to the distributor's website? If so, please specify the requirements to us for further check. And could you please provide the  distributor's website to us for further tests?

Have you ever upload any ePub file to the distributor's website successfully previously? If so, please attach one of the successfully uploaded epub file here to send to us for further check. And please also attach this converted ePub file that was converted by our program in the email to send to us.

Thanks

Hello Daphne,

Thank you for your reply.

The distributor's website is the the Dutch CB, the wholesales party that distributes hard-copy and e-books to all vendors in the country. It is accessible to publishers only ans I can't send you the log-ins.

It uses ePubCheck (https://github.com/IDPF/epubcheck/releases/tag/v4.0.2) which, for some reason, I cannot run on my laptop.

I have uploaded another file there last year. Was not generated with PDFElement but worked fine.

I cannot attach the files you are asking for because they exceed the size limit. Can you e-mail me (guido@nextnext.nl) your e-mail address so I can send them by WeTransfer? Thank you.

Hi,

Please upload the working PDF file to wetransfer, our email address is: pdfelement@wondershare.com, then please confirm back to me, I will download your PDF file and have further check for you.

Thanks

Daphne, thanks, very kind of you.

I have uploaded 3 files:

"8erlijk management.epub": the previous file that uploaded fine

"e boek opzouten.epub": the present file that generates errors

"e boek opzouten.pdf": the original file of the previous one

Hope you find what's wrong!

Edited by

Hi,

I have forwarded your files to our programmers for further analysis, we are sorry about the issue. And we will try the best to solve it in the future new version program.

Thanks

Does this mean that I won't be able to convert files until the new version is out?
If so, what do I need to do to get a refund? The main, if not the only reason I purchased this program was to convert files....

Hi Guido,

You still can use our program to convert PDF files to Epub files, and the Epub files should be opened and viewed successfully on your computer. If you do not need to upload the epub file to your publisher, then there will be no problem. And whether your publisher  accept other format file? You can also use our program to convert your PDF file to other format file.

Anything we can assist further, please feel free to let me know.

Thanks

Daphne,

the only reason I convert files is to upload them. The distributor does not accept other formats. So I really have no further use for the program.

Guido

Hi Guido,

Could you please check the email that we sent to you and reply directly? We do will try the best to help.

Thanks