AKSmith

Expanding text fields for forms

6 posts in this topic

I need to know if any version has the capability of creating expanding text fields.

Hey AKSmith, 

Thanks for reaching out. 

At the moment, our form text fields are static. You can try using software programs that support the creation of XML files! 

Best,

Rebecca

Thanks Rebecca. Unfortunately, I am too ignorant in regard to this topic to put that information to good use. This feature was available through LiveCycle but even that program is being phased out. I am unable to find any relevant information through the web and do not have any "friends" that have any answers. Please let me know if PDFElement ever decides to incorporate this feature. I would gladly switch all of our business.

Hi AKSmith,

For your information that the expanding text field function belongs to the XFA files, as you mentioned that LiveCycle is being phased out, it is the same as XFA files.  The ISO PDF standards 2.0 has already excluded XFA standards, so I am sorry that we do not have this plan to support this expanding text fields currently. Our program supports to read and fill out XFA files, but it does not support to create XFA files. But I have still forwarded your need to our development team for future consideration.

Currently, when you use our program to create a form field, you can double-click it to open the properties window, then in the Options tab, you can choose "Multi-line" and "Scroll Long Text" options, in this way, when you input long text in the field, it will wrap to multiple lines automatically. Hope this method can help.

property.png

Thanks

Will the entire expanded text field print, or only what is shown on the page??

Hi Nairb62,

It will only print what is shown on the page. If you want all the filled content to be printed out, you need to expand the field size to display all the content.

Thanks