• Announcements

• Daphne

Christmas Gift!   12/07/2017

htmlentities(

We have prepared the gifts as the thanks to you, for more details, please click here . 

)
    • Daphne

Your Wishlist!   12/13/2017

htmlentities(

'Tis the season! Let the PDFelement team know what features and tools are on your wishlist by submitting your idea or voting for others here.

)
wehmann

Tried inserting a circle

9 posts in this topic

I tried to insert a circle onto a PDF document & couldn't get it to persist.  I was using the menu choices Comment, Shapes.  At times the "Properties" box wouldn't show, unless I "clicked" on a location on the PDF file.  My OS is MacOS Sierra, 10.12.6.  I am using PDF Element Pro, version 6.3.0.3115.

I instead did what I wanted to do, using the Keynote application on my Mac.  I attach the resultant PDF file.  In that case I used a star instead of a circle and I drew a line with an arrow, pointing to it.

drain.key.pdf

Hi Wehmann,

Can you tell me what does it refer to by saying "couldn't get it to persist"? The circle was failed to be added to your PDF document or the circle you have inserted to the PDF document was failed to be saved? With more details, we will have a further check.

Just like you have mentioned, if using the menu choice Comment then selecting one shape tool, the "Properties" panel will show up on the right side of the program interface at the time when you click somewhere for placing the shape tool.

Thanks for your support.

Heidi

I can add the circle but it disappears under a number of circumstances.  The number of mystifying behaviors of "Comment", "Shapes" is almost too numerous to describe.  I can chose "Comment', "Shapes" and no choice of shapes shows up.  I can then click on the document and some shape will be inserted (likely the last one that I chose) and I'll see the "Properties" box and a list of shapes.  If I Command click on that shape it might disappear immediately.  If it doesn't & I click on the "Properties" box, that inserted shape disappears.  The "Shapes" menu bar is no longer highlighted, but I see a list of shapes and their properties.  I also see a "Done" box.  If I click in the document, no shape gets inserted.  I can click on the "Shapes" menu bar & it highlights and I can insert a shape.  The "Shapes" menu bar is no longer highlighted.  If I chose "Shapes" again, the inserted shape goes away.  I think someone in the know should play with this shapes business and see if it makes sense.

Hi Wehmann,

There is no choice of shapes shows up when you click the Comment>Shapes button is because you have set to fold the properties, actually you just need to click the "Format" button to display the properties panel. In this way, after clicking the Comment>Shapes button, you will get the properties panel be displayed on the right-side, then you can choose a shape to add on the page.

Thanks

Thank you for the advice to use the "Format" button to display the properties panel.  Now we are back again to the persistence problem.  I can insert a shape onto a document, but I can't get it to stay there.  Similarly, I can't manage to insert two shapes onto a document.  For example, I insert a circle onto a document.  Whatever I do to try to insert a second circle, the first circle disappears.

Hi Wehmann,

For the case, you can click the button on the top-left corner, select the Shapes tool to keep selected. In this way, you can continue to add shapes as you want.

keep tool selected.png

Actually, the tools selected to be kept will enable you to use this tool continuously without clicking the tool button again and again.

Thanks

1 person likes this

Thank you for this tip about keeping the tool selected.  I wasn't aware of that.  I found that I could insert more than one shape, but I had to click on each one (and adjust its size) as I did so.  They were then persistent.

I attach what I read in Help for "Drawings".  It would be helpful if the use of the control that allows for keeping tools selected were mentioned in "Drawing" help.  If it is indeed necessary to click on each shape inserted (and adjust its size), that could be mentioned in "Drawing" help as well.

PDF_element_drawing_help.key.pdf

1 person likes this

14 hours ago, Daphne said:

Hi Wehmann,

For the case, you can click the button on the top-left corner, select the Shapes tool to keep selected. In this way, you can continue to add shapes as you want.

keep tool selected.png

Actually, the tools selected to be kept will enable you to use this tool continuously without clicking the tool button again and again.

Thanks

Very nice tutorial. I suggest to create a forum section for these tutorials, it is useful and many users can access with no need to check all topics in the forum

Hi Wehmann and Tarek,

Actually, we have mentioned this function in the Help of "Comment" part, the third section of "add comments continuously" since this tool is for all the comment tools.

https://pdf.wondershare.com/pdfelement-mac/user-guide.html#comments

However, I have added this function in the Help of "Drawing" part again for your convenience. 

https://pdf.wondershare.com/pdfelement-mac/user-guide.html#drawing

Thanks for your suggestion.