Adam Brighton

Date Edit need dd/mm/yyyy

6 posts in this topic

Hi, New to this product. So far it is great. I am having one issue though. I would like the date format as dd/mm/yyyy. Unfortunately I am unable to set this.

Can any one advise a way to do this please.

Many Thanks

Adam

Hey Adam, 

Thanks for reaching out!

Are you on Mac or Windows?

On Mac, I am definitely experiencing the same problem when I try to create a customized date template. Thanks for bringing this to our attention, we'll forward this to our development team and start fixing it immediately! 

If you're on Windows, I have attached a few images of how to do customized date templates. If you attach your form and indicate where you would like the changes made, I can help you from my end! If it's a sensitive file please feel free to email it to rebeccac@wondershare.com. 

Best,

Rebecca

Screen Shot 2017-09-14 at 12.39.40 PM.png

Hi,

I've just downloaded the latest version of PDF Elements (v6.3.5)  for Mac OS — 10.12 — for testings purposes. I want to switch from Adobe solution…

So I'm using PDF forms for a long time now and it looks like there's a display mistake with date fields in PDF Elements. Indeed, the display format is correct but doesn't respect system preferences region settings, i.e. in my case French localisation. For example, the date displayed in PDF Element is "01 July 2017" when "01 Juillet 2017" is expected.

I'll be really pleased to get your feedback on this.

Thanks in advance for your process and have a very great evening,

All the best,

Vincent

Edited by Vincent C.

Hi Vincent, 

Thanks for reaching out, happy to hear that you are considering PDFelement!

To clarify, you are referring to filling out the date on forms, correct? 

I have tested this function and found the same thing, that the month would be in English. 

I will forward this to the development team and keep you updated!

Best,

Rebecca 

Hi Rebecca,

Thanks for your feedback. Indeed, I'm talking about date fields in forms. The input format is respected, i.e. in my case it's customized using "dd/mm/yyyy" but, as you've also verified, the displayed result is always in English, i.e. doesn't follow the OS regional settings (System Preferences -> Language and Region).

I'll indeed will be pleased to receive your update once the mistake'll be fixed.

I thank you in advance for your process and wish you a very pleasant day,

All the best,

Vincent

Hi Vincent,

We have customized the date format to be "dd/mm/yyyy", and it only allow us to enter numbers instead of letters. When we enter letters, it will give the wrong format error. So could you please confirm how do you enter French letters and change to be English letters? Could you please record a video clip to show us your steps?

Thanks