• Announcements

• Daphne

Official Release of version 6.3.0   09/19/2017

htmlentities(

We have released the new version 6.3.0 for both of Windows and Mac version program PDFelement 6 Professional! The Windows version program supports XFA files, PDF attachments and multi-tiled screen,etc. Start your experience now: https://pdf.wondershare.com/

)
    • Daphne

How do you use PDFs? Take our quick survey.   09/20/2017

htmlentities(

We are inviting you to tell us about your experiences working with paper and digital documents. The survey takes less than 2 minutes and your responses are confidential. There's also an opportunity to get an additional copy of PDFelement 6 Professional for free. Start the survey now.

)
FR

pdf form containing optional fields under iOS

4 posts in this topic

I used pdfelement 6 pro under iOS to create a form including optional fields for yes/no answers. In pdfelement everything works correctly as expected. After file saving and opening unter windows the acrobat reader also recognizes the optional fields with the right yes/no alternatives.

Under iOS and preview app these optional fields are not working - they were converted to checkboxes only in the shape of optional fields. You can change yes/no to anything (incl. yes and no in parallel or nothing, ...).

Do you know how to avoid this?

Hi FR,

Do you mean you use our Mac OS version program to create the form, however the form does not work well in our iOS version app? If so, please attach this PDF form here or send it to our email address: pdfelement@wondershare.com for further check.

Thanks

Hi Daphne,

enclosed you will find a demo pdf I created with your program under Mac.

The goal is to use optional check boxes to get only 1 box activated out of 2 or out of 4.

In your program everything works fine.

If I open the crated pdf under Acrobat Reader on a windows PC it works also.

But If I open the pdf under the normal preview app on a MAC, it don't works: All boxes can be clicked on and off ---> the option fields are converted to normal check box behavior.

How to avoid this - I need the form working independent under windows and iOS/Mac.

Thank you for your answer!

Blank Document2_Optimize.pdf

Hi FR,

For the case, I do recommend you to use Adobe Reader on your Mac to open the PDF file as well, please note that the issue is related to the Preview program, which does not support the advanced features such as forms of PDF files, it does not meet the ISO PDF standards. So it is better to use the professional PDF tools, like our program or Adobe program on your Mac to open the PDF file.

Thanks