• Announcements

• Daphne

PE Points Program!   09/26/2017

htmlentities(

We are excited to announce that we are launching our brand new PE Points Program. Read more here for detailed rules and get ready to win some cool prizes!

)
    • Daphne

Happy Thanksgiving!   11/13/2017

htmlentities(

We are honored to sponsor the well designed Thanksgiving Card for free to people who gives their thanks in social media. Join Us to give your thanks to the one you love!

)
Amanda the Doodler

Punctuation Problems When Editing Text

2 posts in this topic

As an Author/Editor, I purchased PDFelement  to edit my manuscripts. However, I find that punctuation, including commas, periods, and quotation marks, does not stay with the word it should be next to. Instead, it goes to the next line (in the case of ending punctuation) or, in the case of an opening quotation mark, stays on the previous line.  I can sometimes force the punctuation to go back where it belongs by switching from paragraph mode to line mode and typing it where it belongs/deleting it where it doesn't, but if I edit again in paragraph mode, it may default back to being wrong again.

Additionally, it inserts extra spaces where they do not belong. 

Here is an example:

"My friend , Dianne Shriver , tried..."

It added an extra space after the words "friend" and "Shriver" and before the commas. (Let's just say that's not how we do it in the USA.) I took them out, but it puts them back again every time. (Yes, I remembered to save.) In fact, I removed them again then saved before copying pasting that text, and yet there they are!

I applied to be a beta tester on a previous run, and was told yes, but never heard back again. Is there an email or other way to contact the appropriate parties directly with problems and issues like this?

I have at least one co-contributor who is looking for a program like this, but I cannot recommend it until it functions properly. I will love it to pieces when it finally works the way it is meant to, I just hope that is sooner rather than later.

Hi Amanda,

1) For the editing issue, could you please attach your PDF file here or send it to our email address: pdfelement@wondershare.com for further check? 

2) By the way, for the previous beta tester run, I have emailed to inform that you have issue to add you in our beta tester group and asked you to reset the password of your account on 7th March, however we never received further feedback from you regarding this yet. 

Thanks