• Announcements

• Daphne

PE Points Program!   09/26/2017

htmlentities(

We are excited to announce that we are launching our brand new PE Points Program. Read more here for detailed rules and get ready to win some cool prizes!

)
    • Daphne

Happy Thanksgiving!   11/13/2017

htmlentities(

We are honored to sponsor the well designed Thanksgiving Card for free to people who gives their thanks in social media. Join Us to give your thanks to the one you love!

)
Chad Rex

Allow form data to be saved in other PDF programs

4 posts in this topic

I want to create forms using PDFelement 6 and have someone fill it out and save their data then send it back without them having to use PDFelement. If I create the form in PDFelement can someone fill it out with adobe reader and save their data to it then send it back? 

Thanks

Hey Chad,

Thanks for reaching out! 

Yes, if you make a form, the people who receive it will be able to edit it in Adobe Reader, Chrome, or even Mac Preview. I have recorded a sample video for you to demonstrate. I made a super simple form and filled it out on Mac Preview.

Let me know if this helps!

Best,

Rebecca

File Sample.mp4

Hi Rebecca,

Thank you for the video and the answer. I have been able to fill it out on reader, but I couldn't save the data I entered into it. This is probably because I'm testing it with the free trail. I'm researching alternatives to Adobe for a company and I've gotta make sure this can do everything they need. A form created from PDFelement needs to be able to be filled out and saved in Adobe Reader since that is what most of their clients have. I've included the message I get when I try to save a sample form created with the PDFelement 6 Pro trail.

Thanks,

Chad

Can't Save.png

Hi Chad,

The form should be able to be filled by Adobe Reader successfully. Could you please attach this PDF form here or send it to our email address: pdfelement@wondershare.com for further tests?

Thanks