• Announcements

• Daphne

Official Release of version 6.3.0   09/19/2017

htmlentities(

We have released the new version 6.3.0 for both of Windows and Mac version program PDFelement 6 Professional! The Windows version program supports XFA files, PDF attachments and multi-tiled screen,etc. Start your experience now: https://pdf.wondershare.com/

)
    • Daphne

How do you use PDFs? Take our quick survey.   09/20/2017

htmlentities(

We are inviting you to tell us about your experiences working with paper and digital documents. The survey takes less than 2 minutes and your responses are confidential. There's also an opportunity to get an additional copy of PDFelement 6 Professional for free. Start the survey now.

)
Neill Posthumus

Converting PDF to Word for editing

6 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I just bought this program (not the Pro version) and so far I have found it next to useless.  All I want to do is turn a PDF document into a Word document so I can edit it and turn it into a PDF later.  When I do the convert to Word it just turns the PDF into a picture in Word and I can't edit it.  That is useless.

Can someone please tell me how to do this, as if I were a 5-year old???

Thanks in advance!

Hi Neill,

Actually, our program PDFelement 6 Professional supports to edit PDF files directly, so you do not need to convert PDF file to Word file, then edit the word file, and convert word file back to PDF file again. You are welcome to download the trial version to have a test: https://pdf.wondershare.com/

If your PDF file is the normal file, after opening it in our program, you can click the Edit button on the top-left corner to edit the text directly. Here are instructions:

https://pdf.wondershare.com/pdfelement/user-guide.html#edit_text

If your PDF file is the scanned file or the image-based file, then you need to perform OCR first before editing the text. So please click the Edit>OCR button to perform OCR. Here are more instructions:

https://pdf.wondershare.com/pdfelement/user-guide.html#perform_ocr

Thanks

Hi,

the product information on the Apple App Store states that the product I bought (PDFElement6, not the professional) can convert PDF files to Word for editing.  I paid $46.99 for that product.  From what you say above it looks like I need to upgrade to the professional package (for $99.95 extra) in order for me to do what it said I can do with the product I have already purchased!  OCR also only works with the professional package.  This is pretty blatant false advertising.

Tell me how to do this simple task with the product I have bought.  If it can't be done then I would like either a complete refund (which will be followed with an official complaint on your Facebook feed) or upgrade me for free to professional so that I can do what I need to do.

Thanks.

Screen Shot 2017-09-07 at 11.28.05.png

Hi Neill,

Please let me explain it clearly. The situation depends on what kind of PDF file that you actually have. If your PDF file is the normal PDF file, then you can use the purchased standard version program to edit the PDF file directly, or convert the PDF file to the editable word file as you want, that will be no problem.

However, if your PDF file is the scanned file or the image-based file, then you need to use the OCR function to work with it no matter to convert the PDF file to word or edit the PDF file directly. Since the standard version program does not support OCR function, if your PDF file is the scanned file, then the standard version program wont be able to edit it, and when you use the standard version program to convert the scanned PDF file to the word file, the converted word file will also not be editable. 

So if your PDF file is the scanned file or the image-based file, then you need to use the upgraded Professional version that supports OCR function to work with this kind of PDF file. You are welcome to download the free trial version of the upgraded program Wondershare PDFelement 6 Professional for Mac from the link below to have a test first: https://pdf.wondershare.com/pdfelement-mac/ 

Thanks

So I just tried the trial version and it stated that the document I am trying the convert to Word is not a scanned version so does not need OCR operation.  This means that, according to your advice above, the standard product should have worked.  The trial Pro version has converted the product into exactly the same version as the standard product - a picture of the PDF on a word document.

Is there anything else I am missing here?

Hi Neill,

Could you please attach your PDF file here or send it to our email address: pdfelement@wondershare.com for further tests? Then I will provide further instructions to help.

Thanks