• Announcements

• Daphne

Official Release of version 6.3.0   09/19/2017

htmlentities(

We have released the new version 6.3.0 for both of Windows and Mac version program PDFelement 6 Professional! The Windows version program supports XFA files, PDF attachments and multi-tiled screen,etc. Start your experience now: https://pdf.wondershare.com/

)
    • Daphne

How do you use PDFs? Take our quick survey.   09/20/2017

htmlentities(

We are inviting you to tell us about your experiences working with paper and digital documents. The survey takes less than 2 minutes and your responses are confidential. There's also an opportunity to get an additional copy of PDFelement 6 Professional for free. Start the survey now.

)
JW

New User - Editing questino

5 posts in this topic

When editing to add text into a paragraph, existing text gets scrolled down and is no longer visible.  Doesn't this automatically move text to the next page like MS Word or other editors?  How can I get it to keep all of the existing text/paragraphs visible without making them scroll down to unviewable part of a page?

Additionally, when adding text, it does not seem to insert but just overlays existing paragraphs that already exist in a document.

Attached are examples of page 1 where..............

1) old text no modifications, showing end of page

2) new text added into paragraph, scrolls old text off of end of page

3) Doing and "Add Text" in the document, overwriting the old text.

Page1BeforeInsertOfNewLines.PNG

Page1AfterInsertOfNewLines.PNG

Page1TextBeingAddedViaAddTextButton.PNG

Hi JW,

For your information that the text wont move to the next page automatically, since PDF file is not the reflowable document, but Word file is the reflowable document. If you do not want to the added text to cover on the existing text, you can drag the box to expand it, for example there are two lines in your text box, but when you expand the text box to be wider, two-line text will change to be one line only, then it wont cover up the existing text.

Or you can select the text box around the existing text, them hold the mouse click to move the whole text box down to save more spaces for the newly added text. If you want to the text move to the next page, you can use the cut and paste method to move the text to next page. Select the text to cut or copy it, then paste it in the next page directly. 

Thanks

thanks for the info Daphne.  So what you're telling me is that PDF Element will NOT allow you to edit just like Word.  That is what I was looking for and this tool does not fit the bill.  Please inform me as to how I can get a refund, asap, on order Q170902221722943039152.  I am requesting this since this tool does not work as advertised on your website for which I have an attachment.

WonderShareWebAdvertising.PNG

Hi JW,

I have sent an email to you to provide further instructions, please check the email directly.

Thanks