• Announcements

• Daphne

PE Points Program!   09/26/2017

htmlentities(

We are excited to announce that we are launching our brand new PE Points Program. Read more here for detailed rules and get ready to win some cool prizes!

)
    • Daphne

Happy Thanksgiving!   11/13/2017

htmlentities(

We are honored to sponsor the well designed Thanksgiving Card for free to people who gives their thanks in social media. Join Us to give your thanks to the one you love!

)
H2O_Cascade

Converting from JPEG via OCR to Word 2010

9 posts in this topic

Hi,

Win 10, Word 2010, PDF elements 6 pro

I have an eight pages dokument (docx), each page contains a single JPEG. I converted this document via OCR to a PDF-file. It works very fine and looks good.

After converting this PDF-File to Word there are very strange section breaks. (Abschnittswechsel)
Removing manually the section breaks brings a chaotic formatting to the Word-document.
What can I do to have vo section breaks in the Word-document?

Thanks for helping me, Ho

Converting docx to pdf.pdf

Converting PDF to docx.docx

Hi,

Could you please confirm what is the "strange section breaks"? Do you mean the return symbol at the end of each line?  Please make a screenshot to point out the section break that you refer to. We will have further check for you.

Thanks

Hi,

my screenshot shows first the original PDF-File, which I converted to Word.
I Don´t meen the return symbol.

thanks, Ho

Scr01.jpg

Hi Ho,

I think you can choose not to display these sections. After opening the converted word file by Microsoft Word program, please click the File>Options button, in the Display tab, please do not choose the option of "Show all formatting marks", and you can also choose to not display the "paragraph marks", then the section breaks will not show up.

图像 1.png

Thanks

Hi,

I have changed as you wite to me. Sorry, it doesn´t work, the result is the same.
regards, Ho

Hi Ho,

I am sorry for the issue, our development team will have further analysis and keep improving our program.

However I have also tested the tool that you mentioned (http://pdf2doc.com/de/). This tool does not support OCR function, so the converted word file it created is still not editable. You can double-check the converted word file that was produced by this tool, you will find the text is not editable in the word file. But the word file that was converted by our program is editable, you can edit the text in the converted word file. This is because our program supports OCR function and your PDF file is a scanned file, so when you use our program, the OCR function has been used automatically to recognize the text, then the converted word file is editable.

If you do not want to edit the converted word file, then you can disable the OCR function in our program to convert your PDF file again. In this way, the converted word file will also be the same as your original PDF file without any section break issue. After opening your PDF file in our program, click the Home>To Word button, then click the Settings button, you can choose the option of "Disable OCR recognition" to convert directly. The converted word file will be exactly good too. 

Thanks

I am having the same problem as Ho.  I would be happy to share the problem via a screen share if someone from PDFElement has a moment.  Otherwise purchase of those product was virtually worthless to me.

Thank you.

Hi Liz,

Do you mean the converted word file also has the marks? If so, have you tried the method in my previous reply to Not choose the option of "Display Formatting Marks" in the word file? Could you please attach both of your PDF file and the converted word file here to send to us for further analysis?

Thanks