• Announcements

• Daphne

PE Points Program!   09/26/2017

htmlentities(

We are excited to announce that we are launching our brand new PE Points Program. Read more here for detailed rules and get ready to win some cool prizes!

)
    • Daphne

Happy Thanksgiving!   11/13/2017

htmlentities(

We are honored to sponsor the well designed Thanksgiving Card for free to people who gives their thanks in social media. Join Us to give your thanks to the one you love!

)
DRN

opening a pdf document with pdfelement 6 pro

7 posts in this topic

I just purchased pdfelement 6 pro and I am new to this.

1. I am unable to open a PDF file in FINDER either when I double-click on the document or when I right click and select "open with".

2. I am not even able to open some PDF files after launching pdfelement and then hit openfile. 

I can open all the PDF documents using Adobe or Preview without any hassle.

Would appreciate any help

Hi DRN,

After opening our program, please click the PDFelement 6 Pro>About PDFelement 6 Pro on the top menu to check whether you are using the latest version 6.2.1. If it is already the latest version, then please open our program first, click the Open File button to select your PDF file to check whether it works. If it still fails to be opened, please make a screenshot to show me your situation or the error message you get when you fail to open the file. To take a screenshot, please press command+shift+4.

Thanks

I have the same problem.  All my files are greyed out in emails.  I can preview but not double click to automatically open them in PDFelement.  this is highly annoying.

When I save the document to my documents - I would expect to be able to also double click and have it open in pdfelement.  Double clicking does nothing.  Please help.

Hey Brigid, 

Can you send me a screenshot of what you mean by your files being greyed out in emails? I'm on Outlook and I think they display differently. 

To open a file in PDFelement, there are two options I can think of: 

1) Right click and select "Open with". PDFelement should display as an option. 

2) You can set PDFelement as the default PDF reader/app so every time you double click on a PDF file, it'll automatically open.

For Mac:

Right click any PDF file -> Get info -> Select which program you want on the "open with" drop down box, then click the "change all" button right below it 

For Windows: 

Windows key -> Control Panel -> Programs -> Default Programs -> PDFelement -> "Set this program as Default" 

Let me know if this helps! 

Best,

Rebecca

I have the exact same problem... Files will not open directly or indirectly.  I have to close the program and reopen it to work.   No screen shot available WHEN NOTHING HAPPENS......

Hi Cary,

Please go to the link below to reinstall the latest Mac version 6.3.2 for a try again. And please make sure to install it in your Application folder.

Download URL: http://download.wondershare.com/mac-pdfelement6-pro_full2992.dmg

After installing, please go to your Application folder to double-click the program icon to open it, then it will be opened and also appear in your Dock.

Thanks