• Announcements

• Daphne

Official Release of version 6.3.0   09/19/2017

htmlentities(

We have released the new version 6.3.0 for both of Windows and Mac version program PDFelement 6 Professional! The Windows version program supports XFA files, PDF attachments and multi-tiled screen,etc. Start your experience now: https://pdf.wondershare.com/

)
    • Daphne

How do you use PDFs? Take our quick survey.   09/20/2017

htmlentities(

We are inviting you to tell us about your experiences working with paper and digital documents. The survey takes less than 2 minutes and your responses are confidential. There's also an opportunity to get an additional copy of PDFelement 6 Professional for free. Start the survey now.

)
Jennifer Yeager

mac os Scanning and Converting books with OCR

11 posts in this topic

I am trying to scan and convert books to Word using OCR. The books will eventually be edited within Adobe inDesign. Has anyone done this and have any advice? I'm just not getting the results I was hoping for. Below is an example of one of the pages after scanning it from hard copy and imported into PDFelement. Then the OCR to Word is what happened after using the OCR Spanish language feature and opened it in Word.

PDF Scan.png

OCR to Word.png

Hi Jennifer, 

Could you please attach the file that you are working with? If it is too large to attach, please feel free to email it to pdfelement@wondershare.com, our team will take a look. 

Also, I noticed your other inquiry, is it about the same file? 

Best,

Rebecca 

Posted (edited)

Hi, yes I'm working with the same file in both posts. I tried OCR with Word and then with ePub receiving slightly different results. I posted one page out of the book. The entire book scanned, imported into PDFelement, and saved as a PDF, is 35MB. Would it be ok to email it to you via FileMail? :)

Edited by Jennifer Yeager

I sent it to you via Failmail a large document email service. The email on FileMail will read sent from: Cory@osborn.org

Thanks!

Hi Jennifer,

We have received your files and sent the reply back to you, please check.

Thanks

I read your reply. Thanks you. I uploaded the file, but the minimum upload is 20 mb and mine is 35 mb. Is that an issue?

thanks!

Hi Jennifer,

The email box and forum has the limitation of 20M,  but we have already received your files via the Filemail, so no worries.

Thanks

How's it going? I rescanned the book and eliminated most of the bleed. Do you want me to send the new file?

Hi Jennifer,

What do you mean it eliminated most of the bleed? Do you mean the blank spaces between words have been eliminated in the converted epub file? If you mean this, I am sorry about the issue. And this issue will be solved in our next new version 6.3, which will be released in late this month.

However if you do not mean the blank space issue, then please send your file to us (pdfelement@wondershare.com) and also confirm more details about the issue you get, we will have further check for you.

Thanks