• Announcements

• Daphne

Christmas Gift!   12/07/2017

htmlentities(

We have prepared the gifts as the thanks to you, for more details, please click here . 

)
    • Daphne

Your Wishlist!   12/13/2017

htmlentities(

'Tis the season! Let the PDFelement team know what features and tools are on your wishlist by submitting your idea or voting for others here.

)
Les

Open Multiple windows

6 posts in this topic

I need to open separate instances of the application so there will be two windows with different documents side by side. That will allow me to copy from one and past into a fill in form. Is there a way to do that?

Hi Les,

We will support this feature in next new version 6.3, which will be released in the late Sep. Once we release the new version, you can update to have a try.

Thanks

Well this time I can't work in same window. I was working with multiple documents in same window now since you've chanced it when I clicked a tab it opens a separate window for each document and it makes harder for me to work. Why don't you just add an option for this in preferences menu so anyone can choose separate or same window.

Hi Mahmut,

Yes, we do have the option for customers to choose. You can click the View>Tile button in our program to split into multiple windows as you want. If you do not want multiple windows, you can close other windows and only leave one window open. Then open more PDF files, they will be opened in the same window again. Here are more instructions for you:

https://pdf.wondershare.com/pdfelement/user-guide.html#multiple_windows_for_multiple_pdfs

Thanks

That's not what I'm saying. I want to work on 2 different documents in same window like it used to be. It's still opening them in same window in 2 different tabs. But when I click on one tab it opens it in different window. It's either a bug or you changed something which I couldn't find a way to change it back.

Hi Mahmut,

If you open 2 PDF files in the same program window, then they will be opened in two tabs in the same window as it used to be. In order to help us figure out your situation, could you please record a video to show us your steps and the issue you get? Then you can attach the video here to send to us for further check.

Thanks