• Announcements

• Daphne

PE Points Program!   09/26/2017

htmlentities(

We are excited to announce that we are launching our brand new PE Points Program. Read more here for detailed rules and get ready to win some cool prizes!

)
    • Daphne

Happy Thanksgiving!   11/13/2017

htmlentities(

We are honored to sponsor the well designed Thanksgiving Card for free to people who gives their thanks in social media. Join Us to give your thanks to the one you love!

)
Aren Delle

Unable to read this PDF file

15 posts in this topic

Hi,

I was using PDFElement 6.2 version.

When I opened the (attached) pdf file, its blank (all pdf pages are "white"). But I can read the same pdf file in FoxitReader without any issues

I've enclosed the pdf file "WP-Definitive-Guide-to-AWS-eBook.pdf" (size: 5.5 MB)

Please fix this issue. Thanks

WP-Definitive-Guide-to-AWS-eBook.pdf

Hi Aren Delle,

I have tested your PDF file in our latest version 6.2.2 and it's OK without any issues. Could you show more information just like your OS version, screen shot etc.? Thank you for your feedback!

Jacky

I installed the latest version 6.2.2. Still having the same issue. I see only white blank pages. Screenshot enclosed

My OS is Windows 8.1 Pro (64 bit)

2017-08-18_224202.png

Hi Aren Delle,

I have checked your screenshot and find that the document title of yours is different from mine ( WP-Definitive-Guide-to-AWS-eBook.pdf ). I think these are two seperate files. You'd better upload the right file for further check.

title-error.png

Jacky

its the same pdf file. I just renamed the file name.

I tried to open the file again today. check screenshot

2017-08-19_095650.png

Oh, now you can read this PDF file without any issues?

no. The pdf file has 58 pages. I can read only the first page. Rest all pages are blank and white. In my earlier post you can see the screenshot the second page of the pdf file is blank and white. Sometimes all 58 pages load as white pages and no content, The issue is only with this pdf file

I clicked "Zoom out" and now I can read the entire pdf file. Problem solved.

Also I was searching for an option to erase a "signature" from a scanned pdf document

"Erase" option in "comment" section did not help

I do not want to convert the scanned document. But only want to erase the signature or paint that area with "white" color in the scanned document and save it. How do I do it ?

Hey Aren, 

So glad to hear that your problem was resolved, thanks for letting us know! 

You have the option to "redact" parts of your document and whiteout the signatures. This tool can be found under "Protect". I have attached images here for step-by-step instructions. Please let me know how it goes! Just a note: when you hit "Apply Redact", this is a permanent action (for security purposes), so make sure you are sure about the sections you would like to redact! 

Screen Shot 2017-08-19 at 11.20.50 AM.pngScreen Shot 2017-08-19 at 11.21.30 AM.pngScreen Shot 2017-08-19 at 11.24.31 AM.png

Best,

Rebecca

Posted (edited)

Thanks Rebecca for the detailed screenshots. Very useful and easy to understand. It worked as per the instructions that you posted.

Also earlier while installing v6.2.2 (every time I get this message irrespective of any version) I got this message (check first screenshot). I clicked "cancel" and "PDFelement" installation got completed. No issues there.

My question is, I have lots of visual C++ runtimes installed in my system (check second screenshot). So why I keep getting this message at the end of software installation ?

Thanks

2017-08-22_234709.png

2017-08-22_235531.png

Edited by Aren Delle

Also hoping to see "opening a pdf file" takes less time in future versions. Thanks again :)

Thanks for letting me know, Aren, glad the instructions helped! 

I have forwarded your question to our technical team, who will take a look and get back to you. 

We will continue to update our program to make it more efficient, thanks for your feedback and support! :) 

Best,

Rebecca

Hi Aren,

For the message you got about Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable, it wont affect the usage of our program, you can close the message window and continue the installation process. We will try to remove Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable from our program in the future new version.

Thanks