• Announcements

• Daphne

Official Release of version 6.3.0   09/19/2017

htmlentities(

We have released the new version 6.3.0 for both of Windows and Mac version program PDFelement 6 Professional! The Windows version program supports XFA files, PDF attachments and multi-tiled screen,etc. Start your experience now: https://pdf.wondershare.com/

)
    • Daphne

How do you use PDFs? Take our quick survey.   09/20/2017

htmlentities(

We are inviting you to tell us about your experiences working with paper and digital documents. The survey takes less than 2 minutes and your responses are confidential. There's also an opportunity to get an additional copy of PDFelement 6 Professional for free. Start the survey now.

)
Steve Leamy

Extracting data from scanned jpg having converted and renamed all fields

8 posts in this topic

Hi, I have created a pdf from a scanned image, and have created text boxes all through, renaming the test and check boxes to create field names to use in Excel. Is ther any way to blanket change the font size, and text position, and have all the field names picked up without having to recreate the box sizes for each individual box a second time, and manually name it? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

10 minutes ago, Steve Leamy said:

Hi, I have created a pdf from a scanned image, and have created text boxes all through, renaming the text and check boxes to create field names to use in Excel, however these are not recognised when trying to extract data.. Is there any way to blanket change the font size, and text position, and have all the field names picked up without having to recreate the box sizes for each individual box a second time, and manually name it? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am prepared to start all over again, as I have 12 pages of forms to create, each with around 50 text boxes, and I need to be able to capture all the input data. .I am starting with scanned JPG's and converting them to PDF's , so would like clear instructions on how to set font size, text location, and data field size and name, for each data filled box, so that the document is ready for export to Excel once filled in - again your assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Steve,

If you create the fillable fields manually, you can click the Form>Text Field button to add one field first, drag the edge of the field to resize it. Then double-click it to open the properties window. You can change the font size, field name or other setting as you want. Then you can copy and paste this field to duplicate more, all the pasted fields will have the same size, same name and same font size. So you do not need to change them one by one.

After having the correct settings for the fields, you can fill them out. Then click the Form>Data Extraction button to extract the fields information and the data filled in to a .csv format file. 

Thanks

2 hours ago, Daphne said:

Hi Steve,

If you create the fillable fields manually, you can click the Form>Text Field button to add one field first, drag the edge of the field to resize it. Then double-click it to open the properties window. You can change the font size, field name or other setting as you want. Then you can copy and paste this field to duplicate more, all the pasted fields will have the same size, same name and same font size. So you do not need to change them one by one.

After having the correct settings for the fields, you can fill them out. Then click the Form>Data Extraction button to extract the fields information and the data filled in to a .csv format file. 

Thanks

Is there a way I can confidentially show you what I mean and have done, you will need to click the form field recognition to understand what I have done, and the quandary I am now in,  and then please reply ( is attaching files here for general viewing, or for your eyes only? as the content is quite confidential)

Hi Steve, 

Thanks for reaching out. We completely understand that the files you are working with are completely confidential. Please forward your documents to 

pdfelement@wondershare.com for further assistance. 

Best,

Rebecca

Hi Steve,

We have not received your PDF file yet, but if you use the "form field recognition" tool to create the fillable fields automatically, then you can change the common properties for all the fields in a batch. Please right-click one of the field to choose Select All, then all the fields will be selected. And you can double-click one of the selected field to open the properties window, the common properties will be enabled and you can set as you want, like the font size, font color, actions etc. Once you set, the changes will be applied to all the selected fields automatically, you do not need to change one by one.

However, the field size and field names you may still need to change one by one for all the fields. 

Thanks

I emailed through the pdfs last week, and have heard nothing back so far - were they received?

Hi Steve,

I noticed you have used a different email address: sl@blitzit.net to sent, right? That is the reason why we cannot search out any email when we use your email address in this forum: leamy2k@gmail.com, so it is better to keep using the same email address, otherwise we cannot know which one is yours or it is from another user.

I have replied your email and provided further instructions to help, please check it.

Thanks