• Announcements

• Daphne

Contest - Win a FREE Microsoft Surface Pro or iPad Mini   08/17/2017

htmlentities(

Check out our new feature post on what Adobe XI's end-of-support situation will look like. What will you do to maintain your access to a comprehensive PDF editor? Follow the link at the end of our blog post to enter for a chance to win a FREE Microsoft Surface Pro or iPad Mini. 

)
    • Daphne

Beta Testers Wanted!   08/20/2017

htmlentities(

Wanna access our next new version 6.3.0 of PDFelement 6 Professional in advance? It will support XFA files, PDF attachments, searchable OCR mode and open multiple windows for different PDF files and many other improvements. Join our beta testers group, you will have this opportunity!

)
Jan Cook

Cropping images from scanned pages for EPUB conversion

6 posts in this topic

Is there a way to do what title states or do I have to crop it outside PDFelement? I'm trying to convert a novel with a few pictures into an EPUB file so if there is no feature for this, it really should be made. I'd like to select what image content I preserve from the scanned document within the app and remove everything else like the page's background and possible shadows from scanning.

Daphne, I think you misunderstood a bit. I have a scanned pages with illustation pictures and text in it. As they're scanned, they are practically just big images themselves. I want to be able to cut the illustations in the page as their own image items so I could remove the page's scanned background without removing the illustations. Then I could convert it to EPUB with only the illustation images and OCR'd text. Maybe cropping was a wrong choice of word in this case.

Hi Jan,

In order to help us better understand your situation, could you please attach a sample PDF file here or send it to our email address: pdfelement@wondershare.com ? We can check what are the illustrations and background that you refer to, then provide further instructions to help.

Thanks

Hi Jan,

I have checked your PDF file and replied back to you with further instructions.

Thanks