• Announcements

• Daphne

PE Points Program!   09/26/2017

htmlentities(

We are excited to announce that we are launching our brand new PE Points Program. Read more here for detailed rules and get ready to win some cool prizes!

)
    • Daphne

PDFelement App now is Free!   10/11/2017

htmlentities(

PDFelement for iOS and Android versions are Free now! Download here and start to use in your mobile devices any time and any where you want.

)
Jan Cook

Cropping images from scanned pages for EPUB conversion

6 posts in this topic

Is there a way to do what title states or do I have to crop it outside PDFelement? I'm trying to convert a novel with a few pictures into an EPUB file so if there is no feature for this, it really should be made. I'd like to select what image content I preserve from the scanned document within the app and remove everything else like the page's background and possible shadows from scanning.

Daphne, I think you misunderstood a bit. I have a scanned pages with illustation pictures and text in it. As they're scanned, they are practically just big images themselves. I want to be able to cut the illustations in the page as their own image items so I could remove the page's scanned background without removing the illustations. Then I could convert it to EPUB with only the illustation images and OCR'd text. Maybe cropping was a wrong choice of word in this case.

Hi Jan,

In order to help us better understand your situation, could you please attach a sample PDF file here or send it to our email address: pdfelement@wondershare.com ? We can check what are the illustrations and background that you refer to, then provide further instructions to help.

Thanks

Hi Jan,

I have checked your PDF file and replied back to you with further instructions.

Thanks