• Announcements

• Daphne

Contest - Win a FREE Microsoft Surface Pro or iPad Mini   08/17/2017

htmlentities(

Check out our new feature post on what Adobe XI's end-of-support situation will look like. What will you do to maintain your access to a comprehensive PDF editor? Follow the link at the end of our blog post to enter for a chance to win a FREE Microsoft Surface Pro or iPad Mini. 

)
    • Daphne

Beta Testers Wanted!   08/20/2017

htmlentities(

Wanna access our next new version 6.3.0 of PDFelement 6 Professional in advance? It will support XFA files, PDF attachments, searchable OCR mode and open multiple windows for different PDF files and many other improvements. Join our beta testers group, you will have this opportunity!

)
Warren

Print on both sides (manually)

5 posts in this topic

When I go to "print on both sides (manually)" through printer properties, the selection remains "print on both sides for all programs (not only pdf Element but MS Word, Excel, Quicken, etc.) until I manually change it back by unchecking that option.  This is annoying and inconvenient, since most printing is only on one side.  Is there some way to have this feature automatically revert to printing on one side of the page once pdfElement is closed? 

Hi Warren,

You may go to the "Devices and Printers" setting of your system, then right-click your printer to choose Printing Preferences, and change the setting of  both-sides printing or single-side printing as you want. Then when you use our program to print, the default option of this printer will be the  both-sides printing or single-side printing as you set automatically.

printing preferences.png

Thanks

Daphne,

I appreciated your answer, but when I went to "printing preferences" and checked, I found it was set for single side printing (which is the setting I use most often).  When I want to print on both sides (manually) I check that in Wondershare's print dialog window.  But, once I do that, any printing that I initiate will be "both sides, manual" unless I go back into Wondershare's print dialog box and uncheck the "both sides manual" box.  And, not only does the "both sides, manual" setting persist until manually changed for Wondershare, but it persists for MS Word, MS Excel, Quicken and any other program I print from.

Your principal competitor doesn't do this: printing instruction reverts to the instruction in "printing preferences" automatically when one finishes with the document for which one set the "print both sides manual".  I wish Wondershare did this also.

Hi Warren,

For your information that when you change to print both sides by our program, it changes the properties of your printer actually, it is not the setting in our program. So once you change the setting, all the other program that you use to print will have the same setting. 

Our development team will have further check about the competitor about this situation.

Thanks