• Announcements

• Daphne

PE Points Program!   09/26/2017

htmlentities(

We are excited to announce that we are launching our brand new PE Points Program. Read more here for detailed rules and get ready to win some cool prizes!

)
    • Daphne

Happy Thanksgiving!   11/13/2017

htmlentities(

We are honored to sponsor the well designed Thanksgiving Card for free to people who gives their thanks in social media. Join Us to give your thanks to the one you love!

)
Jack Pipa

Bookmarks change zoom of page

11 posts in this topic

Ok.  So I always like my pdfs to be "fit page".  For initial view I always make sure to select "single page" and "fit page".  The problem is that when you create bookmarks, clicking on the bookmark causes the page to zoom in and I have to readjust the zoom to "fit page".  Is there any way to make the bookmarks such that the "fit page" zoom is preserved?  This is literally the one thing stopping me from buying the full version.

Let me add that I need this feature to work when being opened up in Adobe.

Hi Jack,

Thanks for connecting. I have shared a clip below, done on the Mac version. If you are on a Windows computer, I can create another tutorial for you! 

Please let me know if this is what you have in mind. As you have seen in our program, there are a variety of views (eg. fit width, fit height, fit page). I first selected the view that I wanted, scrolled to the page and created the bookmark. You are able to make bookmarks in multiple views. For example, my first bookmark is the zoomed out "fit height", and my second bookmark is the zoomed in "fit width". Hope this helps! 

bookmark.mov

Best,

Rebecca

Hi Jack Pipa,

We will fix the issue in the coming version 6.2.2 next week. Thanks for your support!

Jacky

Thank you for your reply and video clip, Rebecca.  Yes, that seems to work as long as you are using PDFElement.  But as soon as you open the file in Adobe, the bookmarks are no longer "Fit Page".

I realize what's happening now.  If "fit page" in PDFElement happens to be a certain percentage (say 76% for example) the percentage is what's saved with the bookmark destination rather than the "fit page" setting which may be a completely different percentage in Adobe.  Does that make sense?

Jacky, thank you for your reply.  Do you still think version 6.2.2 will fix the issue?  If so, I will be getting this program!  I really like it, except for this one issue I've had.

Yes, we will fixed the issue in version 6.2.2. If you page scale mode is "Fit Page", the bookmark destination will be set to the page scale type but not a certain percentage.

Seems like ver 6.2.1 is what was updated last week.  Is v 6.2.2 coming out soon?  Been checking for it daily.

Hi Jack,

Are you using the Mac version program? The latest version of the Mac program is 6.2.1. The version of 6.2.2 is for the Windows version program.

Thanks

Yes, I am using the Mac version.  Do you know if this issue will be addressed anytime soon for the Mac version?

Hi Jack,

We will try the best to solve the issue in the future new version.

Thanks

Hello.  I notice this issue was still not resolved on the latest upgrade for the mac version.  I'm really disappointed about this.  I've been holding out a pretty long time waiting for this fix :(

Edited by Jack Pipa

Hi Jack,

What is the version of your program? Please make sure to install the latest version 6.3.0 from the link below. 

Download URL: http://download.wondershare.com/mac-pdfelement6-pro_full2992.dmg

And please use the latest version program to change the zoom mode as you want, then re-add all the bookmarks as you want to check whether the bookmark can preserve the zoom now.

Thanks