• Announcements

• Daphne

PE Points Program!   09/26/2017

htmlentities(

We are excited to announce that we are launching our brand new PE Points Program. Read more here for detailed rules and get ready to win some cool prizes!

)
    • Daphne

Happy Thanksgiving!   11/13/2017

htmlentities(

We are honored to sponsor the well designed Thanksgiving Card for free to people who gives their thanks in social media. Join Us to give your thanks to the one you love!

)
wehmann

mac os Auto font size

2 posts in this topic

In the "Productivity Bootcamp" forum I posted with topic change font size in form field and was told how to change text font size in a form field.  On the form of interest (see file attachment) there hadn't been enough room for long email addresses, with the "Auto" font size default, so I changed the font size to 10.  I am left wondering what "Auto" means?  It could have meant automatically change the font size so that the typed text fits in the form box, but that didn't seem to be the case.  I've also seen instances where the spaces between words disappeared, when the fillable form was used, and then viewed by e.g. Preview on a Mac.  I've yet to track this behavior down, to report more precisely under what circumstances this happens.

I'm using a Mac Book Air, with OS Sierra 10.12.5 and PDF Element 6.2.0.2988.

Adare Form - MaintenanceRequestForm_fillable.pdf

Hi Wehmann,

When you choose "auto" for the text field, it means the font size of the typed text will change automatically according to the typed text length. 

auto font.gif

I have checked your PDF file, however I did not find any text field has the "auto" setting for font size. So please use our program to set "auto" in the font option for your text field for a try again. And please do not view the PDF file in Preview program since it has many compatible issue with PDF format files. After setting the "auto" for the fields, you can enter the fields by our program or by Adobe program to check whether it changes the font size automatically for the typed text.

Thanks

Thanks

1 person likes this