• Announcements

• Daphne

PE Points Program!   09/26/2017

htmlentities(

We are excited to announce that we are launching our brand new PE Points Program. Read more here for detailed rules and get ready to win some cool prizes!

)
    • Daphne

Happy Thanksgiving!   11/13/2017

htmlentities(

We are honored to sponsor the well designed Thanksgiving Card for free to people who gives their thanks in social media. Join Us to give your thanks to the one you love!

)
Gwenda Golding

Interactive PDF form on web

18 posts in this topic

Hello

I am the web manager for a dog rescue group and use forms to collect information from people wanting to adopt one or rehome a dog.

For many years I used cgiemail but it has stopped working and is no longer supporting by Cpanel

I have created an interactive PDF form using PDFelement Pro to be placed on my website for users to supply information that I need. What I would like do is place a button on the form that will save it and then email the filled out copy to me. Is this possible?

Thanks for your help

Regards
Geeaygee

Hi  Geeaygee,

Yes, our program supports to set the send button. After opening your PDF file in our program, please click the Form>Button to add a button, then double-click it to open the properties window, and in the Actions tab, you can Submit a Form in the box of "Select Action". Click the Add button to choose the format and choose Email Address, and enter your email address.

Thanks

HI  

I am trying to add this button to one of my forms however when I enter the  email address it gets cut off so the email  address is incomplete. Does this feature only work with the Pro version?

Thank you!

Hi Shari, 

This is what it looks like for me in mine, how does yours look? 

Full version:                                                                                                                       Trial version for Mac:

Screen Shot 2017-07-28 at 11.04.30 AM.png20464479_1535642576479172_639319379_n.png

Best,

Rebecca

Hi Daphne

I created the form and added a SUBMIT button which attaches the filled out form to an email ready to be sent. It works fine within a PDF reader but doesn't work when the form is loaded from a website in the browser ie not in a PDF program. Is there some way to make it work from a webpage without the user having to download it to a PDF reader?

I have chosen to send it as a PDF not a FDP as this wouldn't open when I tried with Acrobat Reader and Foxit Reader

I am trying to make it user friendly for users without them having to download/save/attach & send. Some are not so savvy!

Thanks for your help.

Cheers
Geeaygee

Posted (edited)

Hi Rebecca

What version of PDFelement are you using? I can't find where the Submit Form Selections in the second screen clip.

I am using PDFelement Pro V6.2.0.2604 but can only find the first clip under Properties>Actions

Cheers

Geeaygee

Edited by Gwenda Golding
spelling errors

Hi Rebecca

I just saw that the 2nd screen shot is for a Mac. That's why I can't find it on my version!!

Cheers

Geeaygee

Posted (edited)

Hello again Daphne

I have tried using the form in Acrobat Reader, Foxit Reader and PDFelement - they all will attach the file to an email when you press the SUBMIT button.

However Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Microsoft Reader & Internet Explorer don't. These last programs are the ones that most of my users would have on their PC. Is their some way I can get these programs to SUBMIT the form?

Would appreciate any help

Cheers

Geeaygee

Edited by Gwenda Golding
Omitted a word

Hi Gwenda, 

Sorry for all the inconvenience! 

Our team will look into it and get back to you after the weekend. 

Best,

Rebecca

Hi Geeaygee,

If you want to use SUBMIT function of PDF form, all your users should open it in PDFelement/Adobe Reader/Foxit Reader etc., not in Google Chrome/Microsoft Edge/IE. Because these browsers have many compatible issues of PDF form.

Thanks,

Jacky

HI Rebecca - sorry I didn't get back to you right away.  I  don't get the second screen you show and my email is cutting off I attached the screen shot

submit form.docx

Hi Shari,

No problem! Thanks for sending me that screenshot. Are you using a Windows computer? The snapshot from above was from the Mac trial. Here is the one from the Windows trial. 

Capture.PNG

Perhaps you can try re-downloading the application. Otherwise, feel free to attach the file here for us to take a look. Please also note the type of computer you are using! If it is something of sensitive nature, feel free to email it to us at pdfelement@wondershare.com. 

Best,

Rebecca

12 hours ago, Shari said:

HI Rebecca - sorry I didn't get back to you right away.  I  don't get the second screen you show and my email is cutting off I attached the screen shot

submit form.docx

Hi Shari,

Could you please click the Help>About button in our program to check the version number of your program? If you are not using the latest version 6.2.0, then please go to the link below to install the latest version for a try again.

Download Link: http://download.wondershare.com/pdfelement6_full2989.exe

If the latest version still have the same issue, please confirm whether you mean when you enter the complete email address, it cut off automatically? Or do you enter the complete email address and close the window, when you re-edit the button, the email address changes to be incomplete? And could you please attach this PDF file here or send it to our email address: pdfelement@wondershare.com for further check?

Thanks

1 person likes this

hi Daphne!

I just updated to the latest 6.2.2.2615.  After updating i tried again and  now my email doesn't get cut off however but button looks like this and no matter how I place with the l cant get the label and the icon to separate. I tired looking at other posts however i cant get my button to do what the other posts said.   I also cant figure out how to change the color on the font on the submit -

submit botton.docx

Hi Shari,

1) When you set the submit button, you can get the icon and label to separate. When you open its properties window, in the Options tab, you can choose the layout for the icon and label.

icon and label.png

2) You can change the text color as you want as well. Please enter the text that you want to display in the button in the Label box:

label-button.png

Then in the Appearance tab, you can choose the text color as you want.

text font-button.png

Then you will see the text of "submit" that I entered as label will be in red in the button.

result.png

Thanks

• thanks! Sorry didn't reply.  It working wonderfully now. I do have a user that us trying to submit and she has gmail.  google is giving her an error needs a  google adim acct in order to do so.  any way around this.  I know it has to be opened with adobe and  chrome.

Hi Shari,

I am glad it works successfully, it is better to open the PDF file by our program or Adobe program to submit the form, instead of using any browser to submit.

Thanks